Ryan and Veronica

That saying "Things happen for a reason" used to make me so mad sometimes, because usually people would say it when something you didn't want to happen, happened. For instance, a promotion you didn't get, or a deal that fell through.

Alanis Morrisette said it perfectly when she said in her song Ironic "it's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife, or meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife."

These things always happen to us and we can decide how we react to them or how not to. Now don't freak out about all of this because it is just a little reflection of years past.

Ryan and Veronica just had their 4 year anniversary on the 27th of August. I was Veronica's roommate for 9 months and knew her for a few years before that. We were Friends but never really hung out until she was called to FHE Chair. Once we were roommates she started dating this dude Ryan who at the time everyone thought I was dating. I would usually respond 'No not Ryan he has red hair, I am not dating anyone." (This will be funny at the end of the post, trust me)

We did lots of things together sometimes with my friend Dan but mostly just the 3 of us, because of Ryan and Veronica I have come to understand that saying things happen for a reason

If they hadn't dated and fell in love and got married and forced me to meet Nathan, I wouldn't be where I am today. They wouldn't be as happy either because I would be single and at their house all of the time and they would really hate it! :) Hahahaha

Now when people ask me how I met Nathan or how my marriage to Jared is, or even how lucky Ben is to have me in his life, and sometimes they ask me how my husband Ryan is doing (yes people have all thought I married a particular Witte except the one I actually did) I can honestly tell them it was all because of my roommate Veronica.

So happy anniversary to my awesome Brother and Sister in law/roommate/Friends!

4 comments:

  1. I hope they realize how lucky they are to know YOU as much as you feel about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post Val. Thank you. I will have to show Ryan when he gets home from work. I love looking at the pictures and remembering all the fun times we had (especially the PLANITARIUM)and how many are yet to come. What a sweetheart you are! Things do happen for a reason. I am glad my super secret (okay not so super secret) plot worked! (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a very sweet post as well. However you missed the most critical love creating bond actions between you and Nathan. . . keyboard short cuts and kissing how to books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Ryan and Veronica!!! What fun friends you all are...how nice of them to hook up you and Nathan :) I enjoyed the pics!

    ReplyDelete