Preparations

We have several friends/family passing through in the month of July which means DEEP cleaning time!

It also means bedroom roulette.  A couple of months ago we decided to relinquish Lucas's private room rights and give them to the one child who has never had her own room, Juliet.  She beamed with excitement and promised to keep it clean every single day. She was actually pretty good at the upkeep but, she has the most clothes. So her room often feels like a large closet instead of a little girls room.

It isn't her fault, she has 2 sisters close in age, so as soon as Bridget is done with something it goes straight to Scarlett and if Scarlett didn't destroy it, it then goes to Juliet.  The problem is, she sometimes get new clothes too because she shouldn't ALWAYS get hand me downs. And, I like them to match, so every once in a while, I will buy 4 sets of the same outfit. Sigh. This problem is totally preventable, but I just don't care enough to end the cycle. It is my thing. I am weird.

Anywho---Nathan built the family a mega desk, so the office is now FREE for the taking.
Lucas and Mason have done well together, so we decided to split the girls up for a time.

Bridget just can't stop gabbing at night and it has become problematic, so, she gets the small room in the basement.  Scarlett is the mess, so, she is moving upstairs in an attempt for me to be on her more to keep it clean. It worked in the rental. We shall see.  Juliet has the most clothes, (see above) so she will get the biggest room with the biggest closet.  All the girls are in agreeance. The boys don't seem to mind, so crossing fingers this works.

The biggest issue is when we move  rooms it becomes this major PURGE.  I love it. 
Everything gets cleaned. 

The baseboards get wiped down, everything gets touched up.

Grandma Horn is up first, so we moved the guest bed upstairs for the week, and then Scarlett will officially get her room once Grandma leaves.

This used to be Nathan's office, but he is now in the cool basement.

This is also the room that gets the most construction dust.
All of this is wet dirt. All of it. Scar is giving it the thumbs down.


We have an amazing system to clean it out, and it is surprisingly therapeutic. So much so, that Scarlett cleaned all of the window sills and jams. HAHA

Then, Nathan washed all of the windows.

People hate that red barn farmhouse in front of us, but I love it.

When we prepare any room or do a big clean, my kids get 90% done and then poop out. It drives me crazy. So I sent them out to enjoy summer, and then told them no dinner until the last 10% got done.

It did get done. They ate an hour later than normal, but, it got done.
That's all that matters, right?

Nathan joked that I am preparing the children for when we visit them, and I give them the white glove test. That isn't true I would visit them no matter the shape of their home. :) 
And then I would clean it. JK

No comments:

Post a Comment