July 4th with Grandma

We left late, and I got to mad I lost my temper over being late. (Which, in retrospect, we weren't late at all, just late for Valerie Standard Time, which is 15 minutes early)

Nathan and Joyce ran ahead and met this amazing lady named Elizabeth who let us sit on her lawn, which, is UNHEARD of anywhere out of small town USA, but in Idaho, people are super nice.

We had a primo spot for the IF parade which is oh so fun.
 Then, this man named Bob who turned 80 yesterday asked if my kids wanted to be in the parade. I said yes, Lucas will and Bridget offered and then Grandma said she would love to!

So, they were at the front of the parade holding this most massive flag I have ever seen.




While they walked the parade, the rest of us enjoyed seeing tons of kids we knew, including a few in my class from last year!







The kids had a great time. Collected a bunch of candy, and then we came home to prep for the Bockholt's backyard party.

Grandma took everyone out to Abracadabra's and I made lemon cupcakes.
They turned out so pretty.


Then Nathan took the kids to the hill for the fireworks show, and Joyce and I stayed and chatted and caught up on a favorite show.

It was a great day. I know this because Mason said to Grandma "I love this day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment