Chit Chat

I have learned that when talking to or reasoning with a toddler you have to either really listen, or just shrug your shoulders and take it with a grain of salt.

Today Lucas says to me, "Oh man my show is over" (Phineas and Ferb)
I told him that it was just a commercial.
"A commercial?" "What is that?"
I told him that a commercial pays for the show to be on the TV.
"Why do they pay?"
They pay so that the kids can see what is in the store so that they beg their mommies to buy them things.
"Grandpas too?"
Yes Lucas, the kids can tell their grandpas too. It is not nice to ask for things we don't need.
"I like lots of things on the commercials."
I bet you do, but you have to wait for your birthday. Oh look your show is on again.
"Grandpa must have bought me something from the store."
How do you know?
"The commercial is over" "I want to call him and say thank you"
No, not today.

I think it is funny that he is just now really thinking about things and trying to figure them out. A week ago he didn't care what the signs on the street meant, and now he will tell you what they ALL mean. "That sign means only that way." "That sign means watch out the kids are crossing the street."

I love my big boy. :)

2 comments:

  1. wow, I can't believe he actually has conversations with you, my two year old just screams for candy all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to watch them learn and grow!

    ReplyDelete