Whew!

Since our first date was at Maggiano's (my favorite restaurant) our tradition is to go downtown, get dressed up and eat at a place we have never been to. This year was my pick and we were supposed to go to Duo. It was in 5280's best new restaurant list so I thought we would try it. Last year's pick was Marlowe's and it was so good that I wanted to go again, but that would be breaking tradition! Well, I dropped of the kids at Rachel's and went to go pick up Nathan at work and pulled the pregnancy card out. In the 2.5 years I have been pregnant, I have never played the card but for some reason I was not feelin the fancy! I wanted to go to BD's Mongolian BBQ. Crazy right? Well I am so glad I changed my mind because for once I out ate Nathan! He got full so quickly that I had to tell myself to have a little self control! Hahaha. The best part of this restaurant this time was the fact that it was full of pregnant women, who were all out eating their husbands! It was GREAT! I was a happy camper!
We picked up the kids and came home and watched Mrs. Pettigrew lives for a Day. I loved it, of course and that was the end of our Anniversary Dinner.

Now for the Whew part...Another reason why I didn't want to go all out on Friday was because last night was Nathan's HUGE work party. The owner of Nathan's company turned 60 this weekend and they had a FANCY dress up party at the Magnolia Hotel. Great food, dancing, and a mentalist. It was an awesome night. We walked downtown a bit and then headed home. What a great way to start our 4th year of marriage. Yahoo! Oh, and no I didn't dance, too many people wouldn't stop commenting on how pregnant I looked. Hello I have a month left what do you expect? Haha.

4 comments:

  1. (whistling) you look great Val! I am glad you had a nice anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do look great! You're glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy schnikies! I read your comments on facebook about you looking like you were 8 years old, and I have to say you look so young! Its crazy, and you have great hair as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BD's Mongolian BBQ...I will go there anytime you want! you look great!

    ReplyDelete