Fancy Pants


There is something to be said about a toddler that can follow directions...

Lucas was being a punk this morning so I told him to go upstairs and go get dressed. He jumped at the task that was given to him. He ran upstairs and was making a lot of noise in his room. Instead of checking on him I ordered him to make sure he had shoes on before he came down. I said you need to make sure you look good because we are going to Target. After I said that he ran into my room laughing and giggling in a shirt that was half on. I waited, I waited and then I hear "I need help!" I said with what and he comes down the stairs in this years new spring collection. He said "tie tie tie" so I tied his tie (which is one of Nathan's pre-Val ugly ties that has now become dress up clothes) He laughs at me and is adjusting the sandal on his left foot. I ran and grabbed the camera, because no one would believe that this is what HE chose to wear:

A navy blue rugby shirt with yellow and white stripe across the chest. LONG SLEEVE

Brown, green and white plaid SHORTS, that are too big.

Daddy's UGLY coral tie.

One brown sandal.

One navy tennis shoe.

and one CHEESY Face!

Now the long sleeve and shorts combo is from Daddy's High School look. But the rest I just don't know....

Maybe this is the new thing? Does any one have Ralph Lauren's phone number? Maybe Lucas could be on his payroll for new up and coming looks?

*Note***the only thing that Lucas neglected to tell me was that he had messy pants, so we had to get undressed to prevent rash on the heiny...sp?

3 comments:

  1. hilarious. boy have i missed a lot the past week! enjoyed catching up on all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. . . I only really have one thing to say. . . Lucas has never been more like Nathan EVER! It is like a tiny photocopy of Nathan getting ready to go scrape off the car on a snowy morning before seminary. Plaid shorts and long sleve polo. Maybe he did have matching sandals. . . I couldn't see under the snow?
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that is so great! I'm lovin' the great fashion statement. Gonna have to teach Adalynn that one! :)
    Cara - BBC

    ReplyDelete