'Rackers

So Thursdays for me is my suprise/free day with the kids. All of my errands and chores are done by Thursday so this is the day we play, just chill at home, or sometimes go visit our friends. This Thursday was no different except that it was book group night, so that reminded me that I needed to make a few things for our group. The book we read was Anna Karenina...it is about 800 pages, but worth the read. I liked it but it had too much political stuff in it for me, but the characters and their stories were really good.

Anyway, I was working upstairs in the living room gathering all of my stuff together before we started the day (it was 7:45 am) and Lucas runs up the stairs to ask me for some "rackers" I ask him which ones and he points to the Wheat Club Crackers (which are delish) and I gave him one and he said "No Mommy I need two" so I give him two and he runs along his way. Now at our house between 7-8 is Clifford and Word World so that is Lucas's morning TV time so it wasn't suprising that he would want a little snack since he usually eats two breakfasts.

I am almost done with my stuff and I notice that Lucas is on his way back upstairs to ask me for more "rackers" he says two more and I am thinking there is no way he finihsed them that fast so I walk over to where he was sitting and this is what I saw:

(INSERT REACTION HERE) I could have been mad because I have caught Lucas feeding Bridget Mac and Cheese, Raisins, and all sorts of things but instead I quickly grab the camera because 2 things are happening in this picture (1) He is sharing FOOD and (2) They are watching a show and eating a snack and being nice! Well, that was more than two but still! :) Lucas knows better not to share food but I think Bridget stole it from him and just started gnawing on it. I ask Bridget what she has and she shoves it in her mouth like I am going to take it away! So I assumed that she was probably starving enough to want it. I watch them devour their morning snack and then tell them to finish so we can go get dressed...its time at this point... and Lucas and Bridget act like its their last bite...Just something that happened this regular old Thursday morning! :) They crack me up! :) Hahaha

2 comments:

  1. Cracker eating seems a little more intense for the one with the teeth. Maybe it's the NY pjs, it gives her the power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you can't get mad when they are being sweet to one another! as much as i try to, if one of them has their arm around the other, i just let them do whatever it is they're doing that they shouldn't be. cute pics.

    ReplyDelete