"Leaf her in here"

I took a shower after Nathan fed the kids breakfast and went to work. I go into Bridget's room and this is what I see...I had grabbed my camera just in time to see Lucas throw the last animal on Bridget. I asked him what he was doing and he said "She needs to be with her friends now" I said "Why?" He said "So I can leaf her in here for time out." "Why is she in time out?" He said "So I can play with Firetrucks alone" I then convinced him that she is going to have more fun if he stays in her room and plays with the friends and Bridget. He agreed.(I don't think his plan would have worked anyway, she looked like she really liked timeout!)
I asked them to clean up so we could get dressed and Bridget then put Baby Bree in time out...So I have received a few comments about how I transitioned my 1 year old into a toddler bed. Well, it isn't as hard as you think. I did this with Lucas as well and it worked out pretty well.

Week 1 - Put the bed in the room with the crib
Week 2 - Naps in the toddler bed, try Bedtime in the bed.
Week 3 - Take the crib out so it isn't an option anymore.

The best part is that she can't reach the door knob so it really isn't a fight. I also took away her morning nap so that she would be tired enough to stay in bed for nap time.
It also helps that she has been crawling in and out of Lucas's bed for months now, and has always wanted to be in his bed! :)
Please also note that I have another baby coming in 3 months, so I need to get Bridget out so this baby has a place to stay! Hahaha

5 comments:

  1. We transitioned Phillip out of the crib after we moved...it doesn't help that he figured out how to crawl out of the crib and pack n play. However, he thinks it's a big game and doesn't like to stay in bed (and he can reach the door knob). Usually it only takes about 15 min. to get him to sleep or to stay in bed.

    By the way you have adorable kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really struggled with transitioning Kylie at 21 months, so I tried Madison alot earlier. It totally makes the difference when they can't reach the doorknob because escape is not an option. I have never had a problem with Madison. She's 22 months and has slept in her crib for nap and bedtime since May. AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fun and creative mommy!!! I love how you refuse to stop wearing flip flops btw. My feet are sooo swollen right now, that is all i can wear:) And ps, Amy said you wanted to know if I had done #24 on my list in her book, and the answer is yes!:) Fun times;) Have a great day!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO funny and cute! If only REAL time-outs could be this fun!

    ReplyDelete