Swimming and Fried Chicken

Yesterday (Wednesday) was our last day with Uncle Cory and Aunt Liz. We waited all day for our super fast internet man to come and he did as we were heading down to the Apex. We met them in the parking lot and then went in for some serious fun.

My kids LOVE the water. Lucas isn't as *ahem* careless as his sister but he is really good about trying to swim and be careful while doing it. Scarlett really liked being in the water and liked that she could kick the bottom of the zero entry pool while she was in her floatie. It was so cute to see her go around and around. Bridget on the other hand was taking Cory around and around the pool, making him take her everywhere. She went down the slide feet first but some how ended up head first on the way out! Hahaha. The kids loved playing in the different sections of the pool.

After swimming we went up to Majestic View Park for a BYOC dinner with the Witte's. Everyone brought their own fried chicken and ate and played at the park, then while the Pineapple Upside Down Dutch Oven cake was cooling off the men and Liz with Bridget played Frisbee and football.









Then it was time for good byes where Lucas my smart son says to Cory "Are you going to the airport?" His response was "No, we drove our car here" Lucas sat there processing, processing and then says "Hey why doesn't my Grandpa drive here, the airport is too far away. I'm gunna talk to him 'bout this!" It was so funny I just had to laugh.

This morning Lucas asked what we were going to do with Liz and Cory, and I had to tell him they went back home. He ran and got his backpack and put 4 pairs of underwear one of Bridget's shoes and a pair of socks, her jammies and a small firetruck, 2 diapers and said "Mom I packed up the kids stuff lets go to Liz and Cory's house now." I told him we werent going to Arizona and he then took out the diapers and her shoe and said "Okay I am ready to go to Grandpa's." He is so silly sometimes!

9 comments:

  1. That is great. Lucas is so smart! I bet they are sad to see them go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun adventures you guys have! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandaddy in the Valley8/6/09, 1:19 PM

    To all the lil Witte's

    Grandpa and Grandma miss you all very very much

    Lucas when you can take the phone and give us a call

    Bridget make sure you are with him when he does so we can talk too

    Scarlett we are so happy to see how happy you are, just wait till we get ahold of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I dont know about Grandaddy in the Valley's accent, haha. They looklike they had lots of fun. The Witte clan reunited was nice.

    Bridget is how many months older than Elijah? She is so big compared to him. He looks like he is still 9 months old. It must be the picture.

    Can't wait to see more pictures but most of all to see and spend time with the Witte's I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks like a great pool! I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Steph-Bridg is 9 months older than Elijah. You must not have seen a 9 month old in a while, that is only a couple of months older than Scarlet. They actually are pretty close to the same height in person. Yes, it must be the picture.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kids are so darn cute! Im so glad to see you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I noticed no pool pics of me, thanks I think. Do you think My swimming suit was too much. Jsut kidding, just email me some of the pics when you can. Miss you tons already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veronica,

    I was not bad mouthing your kids. I thought they were closer in age thats all. And like I said it must have been the picture. No need to be defensive, we have had good times together on those occasions when we have been around each other. I love looking at my L, B, and S with their cousins...its cool.

    ReplyDelete