Lame Snow Day Success

Our School District never has a snow day. So, you can imagine my surprise when they called one at 7pm last night. I had some fun plans in mind and was hoping we would truly be "snowed in."

Well, we woke up this morning and nada. I mean we had snow, but nothing like we have had in the past.  Lucas was bummed. He would have rather gone to school. Haha.

Anyway, we discovered something quite incredible when we went outside today.  Check out our tree...



It was covered in ICE!
We were the only people on the street with this "problem."

Our sprinklers had been on and it caused this ice land.



All of the droplets had frozen causing these globules...


All over the yard. All over everything.

They were HUGE.


These were the stairs!

I cracked off an icicle and let the kids play with them.
We measured, and observed and enjoyed this phenomena.







I spy a Mace...





Even though we didn't get much snow...we did get to play with this ice. 


So, that is a cool success, in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment