Advent Randoms

Every year we do some fun activities leading up to Christmas.
Some people are nativity collectors, I am an advent collector.

I buy a Lego one every year.
I made a muffin tin one that we use for scriptures.
I have one that has Christmas traditions throughout the years.
I buy a chocolate one, or two, or five.
I have one that has different activities for us to do every day.
I made one with books that we read every night.

Obsessed? Maybe. I LOVE advent calendars. I sort of hoard them. I search and search every year for the new one we will get. Nathan cracks jokes that our house is going to look like a cuckoo clock store, but with advent calendars.

Silly, I know.

Anyway - here is what we have been up to.

We tried something new...

We watched several Christmas Classics - This was Charlie Brown Christmas

We scoped out the best light displays and then drove through the best one
 (OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD)

Our goal is to make 12 types of cookies and pass them out.
Cream Cheese Spritz (RS CHRISTMAS DINNER)

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies (A HT Family, they got a song too)

Of course decorated sugar cookies! (we kept these)
 Some more successful than others.


 
And yesterday we saw and touched a reindeer. 2, actually.
And we tried a Whipped Wally. (Ice Cream on top of Hot Chocolate)


 We got to the reindeers before there was a line. We waited maybe 15 minutes, had a drink, cookies, and watched a show. The kids liked that we were home in time for dinner and another movie!

 This one had just shed his antlers that morning, so they let the kids inspect them.



It was fun, the kids have had a great time doing our advents. I wish we had something else to count down to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment