Baking

I have a love/hate relationship with my kitchen right now. I have been baking non stop for about 6 weeks and this all started after Thanksgiving. Part of it is Christmas baking, you know the kind of things you can't live without like fudge, Snickerdoodles, Sugar Cookies and such--but because I am in my last trimester I can't help myself from baking EVERYDAY. The good thing about this is that at my doctor appointment yesterday I had lost another 8 pounds, my average weight loss per pregnancy is 22-26 pounds. (more on this later) Which means that this baking frenzy has not effected my waistline, but it means that I am not spending as much time with my children because I am always freakishliy in the kitchen! AAH! I can't help it. I will be playing with them and thinking about another thing I want to make, or should give to someone or I am in the mood for muffins so in one week I have made 7 different kinds, I am serious I have done this, this week already and it is Wednesday!

I need to just step back and let it go but the funny thing is about all of this is that I never eat what I make, I give it all away because I can't eat too many sweet things while I am pregnant because of the heartburn factor. So, I have counters full of treats and no one in my house to eat them, so I have been sending them to work with Nathan. Yesterday I took a bunch of sweets...almost all of them to the Elementary School down the street because they were having a bake sale. I need help. I am admitting this outloud because someone out there can help me I just know it.

My poor kids only get to see my backside because I have been in the kitchen so much lately that I am not taking time for them! I am horrible. It doesn't help that Nathan is STILL in New York and I have nothing else to do because it is winter time!

Okay I am done with that random rant. My appointment went so well yesterday. My new doctor called me a pro at birthing babies and even read me a little snippet of Bridget's birth that was written up by my old doctor and we had a good laugh about it. She told me I can have my baby whenever I want and that she isn't worried about me in the least bit. She also said that she hopes she witnesses this birth since I have my babies so quickly. Haha

I am grateful to Lisa who watched my kids while I went to the Hospital to see the doctor. I am more gratefult that she fed them lunch because they both passed out on the 3.2 minute drive back to my house!

6 comments:

  1. Don't stop baking!!!! Just drag your little ones into the kitchen with you. My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake. Ellie has been in the kitchen with me since she was a year old. Mostly because she wants to do EVERYTHING Ashley does. Just measure the ingredients and let them pour it into the bowl. Give them each a chance to stir or watch you. They will have good mommy time, and you will still get to bake. (P.S. do your work at the kitchen table or pull up a couple of chairs to the counter) Good luck. Oh yeah and expect a little more mess. Don't worry it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very particular about baking, it is more therapeutic for me than the result. Like vacuuming, I love to vacuum because my kids are scared of the sound, so they leave me alone. Haha. Maybe what this blog is saying is that I need a break from my kids because the time I am in the kitchen they are doing their own thing. They help sometimes, but not when I am in the zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so why do you loose weight during you pregnancys? Shouldn't you be gaining weight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, but I always do! :) It's not like I can't stand to lose some! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!!! And you lose weight during your pregnancies...no not normal :)...lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really thinking you need to shop some of these goodies to me since I can't seem to even make dinner this week!! Aaaaahhhh!!! PS I love pregnancy weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete