Thanksgiving 2012

This year we did things a little differently.

Instead of going to the Witte's, we did Thanksgiving here.

Instead of having the TV on and hanging out, we had a no TV day and spent time with each other.

Instead of waiting around for the food to made, each kid took part in the process.

Instead of waiting for Dec 1st to put the tree up, we did it after "dinner."

After that, we went to the Witte's for dessert.


Lucas was in charge of the bird.

Bridget in charge of dessert.

Scarlett was in charge of bread. I think we went a little overboard on the yeast...

Juliet was in charge of station 1:
Placemat making.

Lucas laminated with the small laminator.


Mason and Juliet took naps, and we played games.

 We had appetizers, and I decorated with the kids thanksgiving art work.
This is the only picture that I have, but we had deviled eggs too. 


 Regardless, we fulfilled Nathan's "Its not Thanksgiving without..." request.
 Everyone enjoyed.

Bridget and I continued on the dessert.


We coaxed Mason into walking some more.


 The bird was done at 1:30.
 I think I am the only one who doesn't brine. I love it this way.
The rolls, albeit, massive, were yeasty pillows of heaven.

We set up the tree.

Finished up a few desserts for the cousins, and headed out the door.



I loved everything about today.
I loved being with my littles and having a simple quiet peace in the house.

We signed Christmas cards, we started out 2012 ornament making, we talked about what we were thankful for. We talked about what Thanksgiving is all about. We enjoyed the Witte's for dessert.

We came home and the kids were out.
Left to a turkey carcass, and sink full of dishes.

I am thankful for this life, and thankful to be a wife to a man who is everything I ever needed and wanted.
I am thankful to be a mother to these children who are the light of my life.

I am thankful for so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment