Boise (part 2)

Darn life! I have been EXTREMELY busy this week. I had an adult pinewood derby, a key scouters meeting, bookclub, temple x 2, a paperwork debacle, 100s day, valentines parties x 6, a primary talk, and I taught RS, Just this week. Don't get me wrong, I like being involved, and needed, but yeesh - I am tired. And if Nathan were not home to help me out with the house stuff, I would be drowning in laundry and dishes, and dirt.

So, lets get caught up before the blue and gold this wednesday!

After lunch, we went to the Boise temple!




 It is a really neat temple, and the inside is stained glass at the entrance. So gorgeous.

The kids had to use the bathroom so we walked down the parking lot to the mission home and went,
The missionaries running the mission home were from Germany, Japan, and Wisconsin.
The kids thought that was neat, and we talked to them for quite a while.

After the temple, Lucas and I went to the scout shop. Lucas picked up another patch for his collection, and the we headed out to a french pastry shop.


Nathan bought me my favorite dessert. Mini Palmiers.
I love that guy.

Then we headed to the state capitol. 
  
Mason's mustache broke, so he put it on his fow-head and made eye-brows.


Nathan wanted to take us here because it is 150 years of Idaho THIS year!

 The capitol building is bigger than Denver's. It is modeled after the DC Capitol building.


 They had a very cool, interactive museum in the basement.

After that, we walked around City Park, and went back to the room for a movie and down time.
For dinner, we went to Boise Fry Company.
Where burgers are served on the side. HAHAHA

You pick your potato (out of 10 potatoes. You pick the cut,and then you pick a fancy ketchup.

 Our favorites were the shoe string purple potatoes, and the Lara homestyles.
 It was the best fast food place I have been to ever.

That night, I had an accident.
I put remotes and cell phones on the headboard and got a text at 3am.
I reached up to get it and everything fell on my face
I yelled "my nose" and the next day I had a HUGE black eye.

This is it on day 3:

We had a great time in Boise, and left the next morning because on a whim - Nathan decided we needed to check out Twin Falls (which is on the way home)
More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment