Garlic and Sorry

Two things that don't usually go together right? Last night I made Butterscotch Brownie Cake for Father's Day. Mmmm. While I was taking pictures of it Bridget had her eyes on it. Licking her lips, her mouth was watering and just as she was reaching for it I told her, No that it was for Daddy.
We ate Mexicali Chicken, a Bainbridge recipe that I changed into Mexicali Pork. That little cake I made for the recipe blog and for Nathan's lunch. There was a larger 9 inch cake that we were going to eat over the course of the week. We sliced it up and enjoyed it.

So that brings us to 10:30am today, Monday. Lucas asked if he could get a string cheese for himself and Bridget. I said sure and finished wiping the counters in our bathroom. I put Scarlett into the laundry basket (her new favorite spot) and then went upstairs to answer the phone.

Lucas comes running upstairs and says "Mommy I need to tell you something"
Usually its a joke or something important.
"Mommy this is serious, you need to take your camera down da stairs"
I am thinking something cute is happening or he built a tower, so I grab the camera.
Then I see it...

Lucas says "Mommy who is Garlic?"
I said I don't know what you mean.
"Bridget keeps saying Garlic's name"I look at SCARLETT (Garlic) and see...

I scream (like AAAH)
and then look at Bridget

What you can't see is that she has eaten the entire other side of the cake with 11.5 teeth!
I say loudly (because I won't admit to yelling)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
She says to me "Cake for me and Garlic"
I look at SCARLETT again...

and think to myself I am going to kill Nathan for not taking that cake to work!
I say loudly "NO!!!!"
and Lucas says to me "But mommy you can't get mad, she was sharing!"
Bridget then says very softly "Garlic (Scarlett) sorry"
I said "What about you?"
her response...
"Nope!"

We had Butterscotch Brownie Cake and Milk for lunch...
I didn't feel like cleaning up after her twice. I suppose my father would call this
payback. I don't know why though I was a perfect child.

Someone on Sunday described Bridget as a girl who will NEVER color in the lines.
I wonder if they were right. I never did find out what happened to the String Cheeses, I wonder if I should ask Garlic?

13 comments:

  1. I think your life is so fascinating. I would rather watch you than J&K+8 anyday...at least when it seems like your day is full of lemons you turn it into a positive spin and make pink lemonade! :)

    I love reading your blog and I wish you posted everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It goes to show how brilliant my nephew and neices are. I love that Bridget is always trying to say things, unlike the others. I am glad that you actually teach your kids to speak.

    That cake looks so good. When I move out I am gonna have to come up with a cake that looks like that mmmm. Oh wait I have Greek desserts. Hmm toss up.

    I really enjoy your blog. Its always fun and I can see the gorgeous genes you have passed to my Lucas, Bridget, and Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that she talks so well at such a young age. And, gosh, how could you get mad at such a cut little face? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So I finished reading that Thank You post and it was FREAKING hilarious, as I can see not much has changed...

    You are a great mom, and I aspire to be like you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Ha! Ha! I think that is so funny. And Lucas is right you can't be mad 'cause she was just sharing!!!! He! He!
    P.S. I'll never admit to yelling either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that she calls her Garlic! That is so funny! And that picture of Scarlett towards the bottom actually makes her look guilty...LOL!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Green Onion6/22/09, 8:29 PM

    Each day as I sit looking forward to the Itty_Bitty_Witte update, a huge smile always seems to surface as I hope that someday my grandchildren will follow down the path that their dear sweet mother has already travelled.
    Lucas keep trying to make sense of your little sister's actions, Bridget, don't stop at the cake, there is ice cream, Hershey's syrup and cookies too, and you lil Miss Scarlett soon you will crawl and find out the many things that you can get into trouble with Lucas and Bridget as your partners in crime.
    Paybacks and getting even!! LOL
    I miss you all and may it only get better from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!!! That is way too funny! Bridget is a good sharer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd still like to know what you're writing! ;) (I'd buy it, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol that was freakin hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That totally needs to go in your journal for later! How did you not crack up looking back and forth between those chocolate faces?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you just have her propped with blankets in the laundry basket? I'll have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete