Our Saturday

I went to the Kirtsy Hands on Social Media Session with Natalie. It was at the Curtis Hotel downtown and it was such a funky modern hotel. They had a lot of information that I already knew, but let's face it I was really there to meet Design Mom. I think she is so cool and thought it would be fun to meet her. I was not disappointed. I got to talk about blogger and also shed some new light on the blog printing process, even the speaker didn't know as much as I did about the whole thing. I did a little networking for my business and then saw 2 other people that I knew there (suprise, suprise) One person asked me about my book and another person I knew through Danielle. I am glad I went with Natalie it was fun.

Then I came home and was welcomed with hugs and kisses from my little ones, fed them lunch and put them down for nap. I then went over to Natalie's to get my hair cut. (see post below)

After that we packed the kids into the car and drove back to Denver to go see the Christmas Carol traveling train. Disney had a train come to town where you could see how the movie was made, look at the costumes, listen to carolers, and morph your face into one of the characters. After that we got to see 15 minutes of the movie that comes out November 6th in 3D! We also went to the Paramount Cafe for dinner, and it was a good place where you could feed a family of 4 for under $25.

You know you want to see pictures so here it goes...


While we were waiting for RV to get there Nathan took the kids into Union Station to see inside a real train station. I love the architecture of this building, it makes me wish we were actually going to take a train (like on our honeymoon) I think train travel albeit slow is so romantic! :)


Instead of waiting 2.5 hours in line for the movie train we took the mall ride to the restaurant first. Lucas almost fell off the train and everyone on the train (even strangers) yelled "No!!" to Lucas I look around and everyone has a sigh of relief that he stayed on the bus! Whew! The entire bus ride Lucas is repeating the voice recording saying to stay on the bus and after we left he told me he is so happy he got to ride Daddy's bus. It was cute.

Here are the kids at the restaurant. They were so cute and the waitress told me and Veronica that everyone in the back was admiring our cuties. I'm not gonna lie it made us proud! :)

Something wonderful and magical happened while we were in the Cafe...Nathan got 11 ice cubes in his cup and it DUMPED rain!
So we hurried back to the mall ride, where the kids enjoyed puddle jumping.

We got back to the movie thing and guess what...the line was only a 40 minute wait! So Nathan and Ryan moved the cars (because Nathan was freaking out about 2 hour parking)
Noah was lovin' on Scarlett

she liked it

and I got the mommies and kids pictures while we waited.

Here are the boys in line at the train station. They also had fake snow blowing throughout.


Once we got into the train they had pictures and costumes of the characters.

They had touch screen monitors in one of the cars so you could play games and stuff relating to the movie. They had models of the actual town in another car.

(this is big ben)
After 9 cars of things to see and do the last 2 cars was a place where you can take your picture and morph into one of the characters. Walmart would then print them for you in a few days. Cool huh? I can't wait to post those! After that we headed to the movie line.
We were able to see a sneak peak of the movie in 3D!

It was a little loud and while Lucas and Noah were talking about how scary it was Bridget was laughing the entire time, with an evil laugh!

The whole experience reminded me of when Nathan and I saw the Polar Express in 3D at my parents house before we were married. It made me want to ride the train again. As we were leaving I snapped this cool picture...
Doesn't it make you want it to be winter, and travel somewhere by train?

I can't wait to see this movie at the theater, probably without my kids (its a little dark) We had a great time. The kids were so muddy afterwards that Nathan stayed home and bathed the kids while I went over to see Laura and her kids before they went back to Utah. Laura's Dad even gave me an awesome compliment about how we are raising our kids and it totally made my day! :) And that was our jam packed day.

5 comments:

  1. how do you find out about all these things???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it...no more fun trips without me and my family...you always seem to have tons of fun where ever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're writing a book??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! I totally wanted to go the Curtis Hotel. Darn Jeff's blasted fishing trip... I'll need all the details later.

    ReplyDelete