Z-O-O

I told Nathan last night we were going to the "Z." I didn't want to say what it was because if something came up they would never know we were planning on going. Lucas said to Nathan "I love the Zoo, I want to go!" We both look at each other and say what? He said "you know Z-O-O" (gotta love those catchy commericals)

It wasn't a free day, but I wanted to go before Lucas turned 3 and I had to pay for him. I couldn't believe that it was $12.00 to go to the zoo! It must have gone up in price, because that seems like it is WAY more than it used to be. Any who, here we are. Having a fun time. The last time we went it was for our annual zoo lights trip and we didn't really get to see any animals. Lucas and Noah were very into checking the map and Bridget was so excited to see "man-ee-mals." We also made sure we checked off the map, and Lucas really wanted to bring his field journal (diego) Maybe I will make him one for Christmas!


Here is the Mandrill. It was so close to the glass Lucas looks like he is trying to kiss it!

Ah, yes the drums.


We can't go to the zoo and NOT ride the train. I almost stayed back and sat with Scarlett but, I am glad I didn't.



I almost ALWAYS seem to get great shots of everyone else's kids, but never my of my own. So, if you want nice pictures of your kids invite me somewhere! Haha. Here is a great one of Elijah. I think he liked the train the best.

Bridget was very happy to see her favorite Elephant and 'Raffs.


Scarlett was happy as a clam the ENTIRE time.

She didn't even need her binky!
The polar bears were out swimming again. It looked so nice in there!

It is so nice to have cousins so close together because we swapped seats in the stroller several times. It was nice to play in someone else's stroller I think.

While we were loading in the car I told Lucas we would see Noah again next Friday. He looked puzzled and said "how come?" I said your party is next Friday and he said, "really?"
"I am so happy to have a party" After we passed them on Colorado Blvd. Lucas says "you know those cool Sea Turtles mom?" Yes.

Lucas: "I think I need one of those for my birthday."
I said: Grandma Horn already got you one.
Lucas: "But I want one that swims in the sea."
I said: We can't fit one in the house.
Lucas: "When I am 15 I will move out of your house and get one for my house."
I said: Let's talk about it later.
Lucas: "Yea! When I am 15!"

*Note to self*
Do not mention Sea Turtles in 2021!

9 comments:

  1. Utah's Hogle Zoo ($9.00/42 acres) = $0.21/acre

    Denver Zoo ($12.00/80 acres) = $0.15/acre

    Denver Zoo = Decent price + general awesomeness. You're so lucky you get to go there. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that 15 is the magical age to move out. So jealous that you went to the Denver Zoo today. I miss Colorado!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah and Elijah liked naming all the kids in the picture. Noah wants to know why he can't be on the team with the red shirts (your header I think?). So I will have to get him a red shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I am really glad the picture of you and Scarlett came out okay because you know I have really really horrible photo abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha You've got some really cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. T.5.E. Kandice6/29/09, 8:14 PM

    LOL, great post Val. When I was 15 I hadn't quite hit puberty, so I doubt I was even close to ready on moving out. Maybe he will change his mind and get scared.

    You could also play the responsibility card and tell him that in Finding Nemo Sea Turtles live to be well over 100 years old, he will have to find someone to take care of his sea turtle well after he himself has passed.

    Then again, that might be too heavy for a 3 year old to comprehend. I am glad you do the mom thing, because I obviously couldn't do it. Especially the sensitivity part.

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is so funny what little kids see as grown up. Noel informed me last week that she will be getting married when she is 8. At least Lucas will be a bit older when he is grown up. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the zoo. Even if it costs $12. i just find lots of other "free" stuff to even it out.

    P.S. You take FABULOUS pictures of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would take them to the zoo if youd quit bogarting the kids all the time

    ReplyDelete