My Boulder-ite Conversion

Today after the morning session, we packed up the kids, Nathan made a sack lunch and headed to Chautauqua Park in Boulder for a picnic lunch in the mountains.
You may think conversion? What do you mean? Well the fact that Bridget looked like a Fraggle from Fraggle rock and the fact that We packed a lunch is only half of it. What did Nathan pack for us? Let's get into it shall we?Nathan made sandwiches on homemade whole wheat bread that I made (yes I grind wheat) and we had tomatoes from our backyard so...organic! We had organic apples, organic cheese, and Sun Chips! Hahahaha By the way that is our tye-dyed kitchen towel that I bleached it on accident so that just adds to our hippie ways for the day. Did we drink from water bottles, no we drank from our Sigg Bottles, because we care about mother earth! LOL Even a native Boulderite came up to us and was telling us how crazy we were to have our kids so close together, so then we surprised her when we told her we were having a third! I also mentioned that I didn't shave my legs today either, just to make her feel better! Just Kidding!

The kids managed to find this awesome playground right in the heart of Chautaugua so we played for a bit.
Bridget is such a daredevil! Maybe it was just her wild hair day today! :)
After the park we went to the huge open field for some sight seeing and soccer. The leaves were beautiful! The flat-iron mountains weren't to shabby either.
Then we headed up to the mountain, Lucas really wanted to see the map so Nathan showed him the route!
This is only partly up the mountain, but you get the idea, it was so beautiful and I am so glad we went! :) Then we left Boulder and went to Flat Irons Mall. I needed to pick up Bridget's Janie and Jack Dress, for her 1 year old pictures. The best part about the mall was this sign...
Because we DOUBLE qualify to park close to the front! Hahaha The kids wanted to get out and see the waterfalls so we chilled there for a bit.
We had such a good day and I wanted to share it with all of you. Yea!
P.S. Don't worry we are not turning into crunchy people, it was just a joke!

5 comments:

  1. You say crunchy like it's a bad thing! Looks like you had a great day - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Chautauqua Park! The hiking there is great too, I went with my brother just a couple weeks ago. I also love those parking spots at Flat Irons, we've used them quite a bit. :) Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! I love the picture of Bridget on the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridgets hair is sooo funny! you guys always do so many fun things. I will be calling you for some ideas when my child comes k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun day, and you are OH-SO-GREEN! You go with your hairy legs!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete