The BIG reveal

No this is not some after birth belly shot. Trust me that would just be weird since I am not squishy because I had a C-Section. Hahaha. Anyway, I have been talking for about a year about redoing my back splash. When we moved here 4 years ago the house was salmon and pea green. The previous owners (the original owners) had not even unpacked their boxes because they had only lived in this house for about 9 months but somehow they managed to pick the most hideous colors at Home Depot to paint the two main rooms of the house. We did a major overhaul 4 years ago, before I was pregnant with Lucas to paint the house and get it in nice shape. Well these stripes were my idea. I always wanted stripes in my kitchen, and Nathan helped me achieve this...
I loved it until around a year ago. I get teased a lot because I paint the house more than people paint their toes but I can't help it, I LOVE to paint! I would consider myself an expert because I am a paint snob and it always turns out the way I want it to. I would never EVER buy Behr paint, actually anything from Home Depot, it may be $1.60 cheaper but it doesn't cover like Valspar (Lowe's brand) It is the best paint I have EVER used and we have painted 13 times in this house in various rooms.

Here's how it went...
It took me 8 months to get the courage to do it, because I ALWAYS have several big projects at the end of my pregnancies. Lucas=his room painted and such, Bridget=her room, the kids bathroom, Scarlett=the kitchen, the downstairs bathroom and the garage. AAH!

I LOVE it what do you think?

17 comments:

  1. That looks great!!! You guys do such a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Too bad I'm renting because I'm pretty sure I would buy you a plane ticket here to paint my house! I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the before and after! It is nice to have change. You are so creative! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never think to do that in any room. How creative! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sexy! I bet you're putting those counters to good use now! *wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it Val, I can't wait to check it out in person. I just might miss the stipes though. I was a huge fan, but I'm liking this new one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :::APPLAUSE::: so unique & creative! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm, If you like it I guess thats all that matters. I dont. But it dosent matter. the stipes were better and brighter. I still love you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! You know me though, MODERN, and thats what it screams at me. I want to paint mine now.:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA Stephanie cracks me up, It is cool. I need to redo my kitchen in the house ASAP, the walls are a redish orange, not quite either color and the room next to it is blue with a "denim" look, ummm we're not whiskey tango thank you very much. I did tell Cory it was the Broncos room though, he made a face at me and said "good thing we are painting it huh?" miss you call me sucka fool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good. Cna't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cool and so creative! I hear ya on the Behr paint... we bought one of the Disney colors for my son's room and it looks aweful! (Not to mention the missionaries and my husband did it and not me... lol... I'm a paint perfectionist, too. I just don't paint that often because I hate doing it.) I love it, though! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! will you come and help me paint my house?? I am horrible when it comes to painting my walls. i think im scared also cuz what if it turns out ugly? You are soo brave! And it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it.. Awesome job you guys..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Val - I just stumbled across your blog today, and am looking at all of your beautiful house projects! I LOVE this idea in the kitchen, and I just may steal it! Jeff and I are having a house built to be done in November, and I may do this to the kitchen! Love your tip on Lowe's paint, too!

    ReplyDelete