Fins and Bikes


This kid here wakes up, gets himself dressed, brushes his teeth, yells out the bathroom "DANG-IT" (he forgot to eat first) runs downstairs and sits at the table and eats his breakfast. (Friday is a Pop Tart day so Thursday night after they go to bed I set out the pop tarts on the kitchen table so they can get it themselves) He then goes back upstairs brushes his teeth and yells "OKAY MOM I'M DONE!" 

I need to add that while this was happening I was doing the dishes because Nathan tried to out-Chinese me last night by making Shrimp Foo Young and lets just say he made a mess! :)

I told this kid that I was glad he was done and that he could now put together any puzzle he wanted to and he said "but what about my hair?"  I said I don't need to do it...it just lays there, you look great. I got a weird face and he insisted on Shark Fin Hair.  So here it is...

A faux-hawk.  I hate them, but he really really wanted one today so he got to have one.  We had Nick and Alli over and Bridget was in Heaven.  Bridget and Alli played babies and their cute little voices filled the toy room, it was so cute.  Nick played cars with Lucas and we (all 4 of them) did an art project.  They played a little bit of dress up and then it was time to go home.  I think they had a fun time.

We waited for Nathan to get home and it was nice enough to ride bikes.  Lucas was actually on his scooter most of the time because his bike is getting too small for him.  He is pretty tall ya'know? 









We were watching the kids ride while Scarlett was eating grass and then we packed the kids in the car to test drive a two wheeler.  Lucas has been asking for one for about a week and I wanted to see if he could do it.  He did pretty well with the training wheels so we will see when his birthday comes in a few months - wait - 6 months exactly!  
Today Lucas is 3 and a half!
We were all so excited it merited a 1/2 birthday cake. So that is what we did after dinner!
We are weird but sometimes you have to celebrate the small stuff! Its ugly but the kids liked it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the shark fin! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh . . . if only it were warm enough to play outside here. I am a tad bit (ok, a lot bit) jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucas totally looks like he could be one of my kids with that style! Sweet, now I know that we can trade flawlessly. No one will be the wiser!!

    ReplyDelete