My Surprise to Her

This is Nathan, I know people don't like hearing from the husbands but I thought - who cares I am still writing this...

While Valerie was doing the dishes a package arrived...
I sent her a dozen of Sharri's Berries.  The entire family devoured them before we left for dinner! Haha.

Then I wanted to make this anniversary special because its the 5th and all so I took her to a restaurant that both of us have talked about but have actually never gone to called The Melting Pot.  We ordered like it was our last meal and enjoyed every dip - did I mention it was a fondue place?  It is.

In fact we were so busy the only picture she took was this one - 
That was dessert...is was on flam be!  Then she gave me this box.  I opened it and loved the gift she gave me.  It was really neat to see us as children and through our engagement and then dating and then to each year of marriage where she summed up the year in a Top 5 - highlights Letterman style.  It was great.  She was very surprised when I pulled out my present to her. (we never exchange presents on our anniversary but this year was special)  I picked a hotel downtown for us to spend the night in and day in and she teared up and said..."I wish we could go tonight, but I have activity days at 7 in the morning tomorrow!"  Classic Valerie.  So I told her that I knew that and said I was saving it for restaurant week in Denver so we could go out again and actually have a night out on the town!  So after that I took her to Flat Irons, to her favorite store - where we bought her a new dress just for the next date we have (in two weeks.) I think she loved this surprise.

I really feel lucky to have met Valerie when I did.  Even though I had to fight to get her, I am glad I won.  She is the most compassionate and loving person I know and such a great friend to others.  She is truly a service oriented person and really hates to be last, and I love that about her.  She is very competitive and strong-willed and lucky for me our children who may look like me are turning into her and I wouldn't have it any other way. This year in general has been a challenge for us in many ways and she has taken it very well and has never been upset about anything.  
We are a perfect team who can accomplish anything and I love her for that.
She is a great woman and wife and mother to our children and as she teaches them and watches them grow I can see the happiness in her eyes and that is why I married her, she isn't a settler, she is a doer, and she never ever settles for second best.

Happy Anniversary Valerie Dear.

7 comments:

  1. It's easy to wee why you guys make such a wonderful pair. I loved your entry, Nathan. And it is fabulous to see how much you both appreciate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Nathan! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. from facebook Chaney2/9/10, 11:24 AM

    "I have to say Nathan, I don't know you but it was nice to hear "a husbands" perspective. It sounds like you had an AWESOME anniversary celebration! Congrats on 5 years!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. from facebook Marsell2/9/10, 11:25 AM

    "How sweet!! Maybe I can get Lanny to read this... think it would rub off on him?? LOL"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I knew he was sappy but Valerie too? I totally get you two now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney Lynn2/9/10, 11:38 AM

    I have to admit this...I HATE when husbands post but yours was actually insightful to how some men can be and now I am jealous and wanting to punch my husband in the face because he is NOTHING like you.

    Thanks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine mentioned 2012 last night to me and it's the first I heard about it so I jumped on here out of curiosity. I think it's kind of sick and sounds like a bunch of skeptical jargon.
    I choose to live every day like it is the last because let's be real, WHO THE HELL KNOWS what is going to happen or when it's your time to go on. The past is history, the future is a mystery and now is a gift, thats why it's called the present. It's not healthy to sit around and trip out about when you will die. Stop wasting your time you have now.
    [url=http://2012earth.net/apocalypse_-_a_process_controlled.html
    ]harmonic convergence and 2012
    [/url] - some truth about 2012

    ReplyDelete