My Surprise to Him

Our 5th Anniversary was Friday February 5th.  I wanted to suprise him so I asked my friend who is a real photographer to make up some story about how she needed test shots for a website she was launching and prefferably wanted people she didn't know.  Nathan (who is usually up for anything) was really excited.  We took a bunch of photos, and then he asked when we could see them.  She abruptly told him he couldn't that he had to pay for them and that her fee was an obscene amount...I think she said $400 a session.  He went into immediate shock and then asked about prints and said her basic package was $650, and that she didn't do CDs. The entire way home he was talking about how she would never make any money because she'd cost a small fortune just to print photos.  I tried to keep it in but I just laughed and said I know, maybe she will learn soon about the economy. It was so hard to keep this secret.

So while my friend was editing and working on our photos, I was working late at Chrystal's to get the scrapbook of our lives together, because that was the real present.  Baby pictures, funny stories and our courtship all in one book...then I printed pictures from anniversaries past and put them in the book.

This was very hard to do because Nathan is home and always around me! So I would send him to the store on an errand or make him take the kids for a walk - stuff like that.

Well, I get the book done, wait at Target for her to meet me there and hand them over (it was a very covert operation) and finally get it all together.  It looks awesome...here are the best of 30 shots...
There are a few more, but I just couldn't get over how much younger we look in these pictures than we did in our engagement pictures! And I love our engagement pictures!  I think it's because the fashion and hairstyles are much better this year than they were for us five years ago.

I just wanted to say that I am grateful that Nathan never lets me settle for an ordinary life.  We have been lucky enough to have many adventures and good times together without having to spend a lot of money.  I love that we don't have to go on a huge vacation or theme park to show ourselves how much we mean to each other. We say it and mean it everyday. He is my perfect mate and I can't imagine anyone better for me than Nathan.  He tries hard to always make me happy and there is never a day that goes by where I don't feel loved 110% by him.  Some days are hard, but that is life and even though I may feel upset or angry about something he is the one who is there to make sure I am not alone and that what ever needs to be conquered we can always do it together. He is such a great person and friend and I love him a lot!

Its been a fun and exciting 5 years and I know the next 5 will not only fly by but will be an adventure!
No one loves me more than this guy!  
Happy Anniversary Babe!

11 comments:

  1. What great pictures! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* that style of photography. Cute pics, happy fifth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever, don't judge me becasue I want a big vacation so I can know that I am with the right man! HAHA love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! You two are so perfect for one another. You look fantastic in those pictures too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous surprise - and wonderful pictures. You both are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty Valerie! Congrats on a great life, marriage and hushand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thoes turned out great!!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome surprise!! And I think it is hilarious that the pictures were going to cost $400.00!! What a great cover! So what was his reaction to the book?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! You guys look great. I love the Pictures. What a fun present I'll have to check it out next time I'm at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You pictures turned out so cute! I love the colors you guys chose-mainly the green. You are so creative, I need to take a lesson from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEHE, what a GREAT surprise! I love how you have a little smirk in some of the pictures b/c you know what's going on and he doesn't. Don't think I didn't notice. lol. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete