Chili Cook Off/Halloween Extravaganza

It all started at 7:30am when Nathan got back from Ohio. We ran to 11 places before 11:30am. We found a lifesaver named Sarah Pabst who came over to watch the kids while they took a nap so we could set up. Did I mention that the committee was non existent? One was out of town, another had a family emergency it was just me and the big group of Ricks/VonAxelsons and Bro. Pabst, with their help we had the gym set up in 20 minutes!

We had 10 games, 19 chili's, a Photo-Op set up, an art project (of course) and TOO MUCH CANDY!

Here are some pics of my kids. I took over 150 pictures so if you want copies emailed to you let me know! They are already posted on the bulletin board as of 9 am Sunday!
Lucas and Anna
(photo courtesy of RachelS Thanks)
Anna and Robert and Lucas
My family (minus me)
Ashton and Lucas doing a project. :)
Nathan the baby wrangler.
It was a good turn out and I received many compliments about how the activity turned out, but of course I would still change things for next year! :)

*Funny Story
L - Mom am I pisionous spider?
Me - What?
L - Mom am I a pisionous? You know the bad kind of spider?
Me - No, you are the good kind.
L - But we step on all kinds of spiders, will you not step on me?
Me - I promise I won't step on you, you are my favorite spider.
L - Am I a grandpa long legs?
Me - Do you want to be?
L - Okay I think I just want to be your favorite spider.
Me - Good.

8 comments:

  1. I heard that it was another GREAT party!! Wish I could have been there to see it all!! Another one can be checked off the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was a lot of fun, you did a great job putting it all together! I didn't get to see the pics at church ... could you email me any of our family? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayor of Mo Val10/19/09, 6:36 AM

    Daddy Long legs says awesome pictures.

    P.S. Tomatoes are apples omly if you want them to be !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of our family's pics. It was a great time had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Halloween costumes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of your family minus you. Scarlett's pose is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The costumes look so adorable on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really miss that ward. :(

    Sometimes I really want to move back.

    ReplyDelete