Something Amazing

Something amazing happened here today. I know nobody pays attention to lil' old Colorado unless there is some boy supposedly flying in a space balloon, but we got some snow. Nathan stayed home from work because in case you hadn't seen the weather reports either we were pounded with snow yesterday and today. Our city got 16 inches of snow, here was the backyard this morning...while it was STILL snowing!
Look at the red baby swing!
So I sent Lucas outside to earn his keep, Nathan went out to supervise...
The purple "glub glubs" were Lucas's idea.
Dig boy, Dig!
Once he was done "sho-bel-ing" we all came out to play.
Scarlett liked the snowflakes that "stayed on her nose and eyelashes."
Bridget did not.
Lucas liked the mismatched mitten-pops. They were "dil-ishious"
They liked to jump in the snow.
Practically eating out of his hand!
I wanted a good one of us, but this was all I got. But I don't really care 'cause I am wearing my favorite scarf that Joyce bought me when I first moved to Colorado!
While Lucas was out doing sidewalks Bridget and me made "cinny rolls" They didn't rise as much as I would have wanted but when we took off the towel to check them we noticed this...
A Happy Face! WEIRD!

I was able to go to lunch group without my kids, and we had a leftover kind of dinner and then went to bed with the quietness that snowfall brings. See. I told you. Something Amazing! Well, in our little world anyway. :)

PS - the last time we were "snowed in" was 12/21/06-12/23-06
Lucas was 2 weeks YOUNGER than Scarlett. In case you were wondering. :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree...amazing!!! And in October. Have a fun Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Lucas has to earn his keep - a hard-working man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I knew you got some, but I didn't know it was that much. We only got a few inches and it melted the next day!

    ReplyDelete