Berry Awesome 3rd Birthday!

A while ago Bridget saw her very first Strawberry Shortcake movie.  I was excited because I LOVED Strawberry Shortcake growing up and hoped she would like it too.  She told me immediately after watching the movie that she wanted her first birthday party to be Strawberry Shortcake.  Of course I jumped at that!

Here is how it went down...
Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Party

Her invitation asked all of the girls to wear a pretty dress.

The morning of her party she was allowed to open 1 present before her friends came.
It was a Strawberry Fairy costume. She was so worried about what she was going to wear and was so happy she now had the perfect outfit.
 She as you can see LOVED it!

 As each Berry Friend arrived they got to color a Poster for the Gallery.
See how Bridget is sitting? I used to do that all of the time so I wouldn't wrinkle my dress.
It wasn't until Mrs. Burns my 4th grade teacher informed me that everyone could see my Rainbow Brite underwear that I finally changed my ways.
 We watched a segment of the Strawberry Shortcake BerryFest Princess movie so the kids could understand what a maypole was. Why? Because Bridget's main request for this party was to dance around the maypole. One problem: NO POLE. So we did it around the tree. It was hilarious.
 But, Bridget was in HEAVEN!
 I mean look at the picture below. The tree looked like a total mess but she was delighted.
 All of the girls giggled and laughed and took advantage of the crunch leaves below them.
 Then we came in for a Berry Special Lunch.
 Every girl got to make their own Orange Blossom Punch.
 If you aren't familiar - Orange Blossom is the only brown girl and is also known in our house as the Bridget of the bunch. Haha
 Alli was making silly sounds and making the whole table laugh.
 Each girl feasted on Strawberry and PB Sandwiches shaped like strawberries.  Lemon Meringue (character) crisps (white cheese-its) and Blueberry Muffin (character) yogurt sticks.
 Bridget was loving the attention and of course the food!
 Then we opened presents and she hugged each and every girl and said thank you for each present!
 Everyone sat so nicely and watched and clapped for Bridget after every present. It was so cute.
Everyone liked the puppy purse that she got from Grandma and Grandpa Horn.
 Then we played musical strawberries.
 Lucas was the music man and all of the girls were so into this game. We played it 3x!
 Even when they were "out" they sat and cheered on the girls who were still going.
 Then it was time for cake. We of course had Strawberry Shortcake!
I actually made from scratch French Vanilla cake in 4 inch rounds and then cut them into moons for each girl.
Except Bridget - her cake was a heart.
 The girls wore Strawberry Hats and sang to her and then added their own strawberries to the cakes that had a thin layer of French Vanilla Frosting that I made last night. It was the best frosting I have ever made.
 The kids had 4 or 5 servings of strawberries a piece.
 Scarlett shoved 2 whole mini cupcakes in her mouth right as I took this picture. Hahaha.
 Then we went outside and started to play our Berry Fun games.
 Here is the Custard Chase.
 We also played the Hokey Pokey and the Wiggle Jiggle.
Then it was time for the 2 hour party to be over. But the guests didn't leave empty handed.
I made a tote bag for each girl with their first letter on it and it was reversible!
 With a letter inside too!
 Each girl got one and inside was...
A compact, a notepad, a pen, stickers, a blower, and a strawberry shortcake doll just for them to take home!
(Thank you McDonalds for giving these in the happy meals 2 months ago)
They also got a berry fruit snack and a hat.
All of these things were of course covered in strawberry shortcake and picked out by Bridget herself.
All in all it was a great party and this little girl was wiped out!
She woke up from her nap and hugged Nathan and I and said thank you and really meant it.
I am glad Nathan was home to help me (like always) when we throw these crazy shindigs.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You threw an awesome 3rd Birthday party! Great job on the party favors too! Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I love her little outfit. That was quite the party. Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her outfit. Happy Birthday, Briget! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest birthday party ever! I'm in love with her little costume. SO FUN!!! ps...I'll be expecting a recipe for the cake and frosting. ha ha yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bridget's fairy costume!!! Great job on the favor bags! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete