Grateful FHE

This is a repost from my TODDLER BLOG but I wanted to share it again anyway! :)  Need ideas for leftover Halloween candy? Here is one!

For family night in our house we are taking each night until Thanksgiving to talk about something we are grateful for.  The problem with having a 4, 3 and almost 2 year old and me having a slight pregnancy brain is coming up with 25 things to be thankful for. So I made a list and then cut them out and wrapped each category around left over Halloween candy.
I you want my list email me at valeriewitte@yahoo.com and I will email it to you.
Then you put them in the jar:
What jar? This one right here:
Then after dinner each night we get to pick out a candy.
 And then write what we are grateful for on the leaf.
 I made a giant tree out of paper bags and taped it to my kitchen window. Then the kids got to tape their leaf to the tree.
 Since B can't spell she drew a picture. Her category was "Daddy's Choice" 
she guessed that he was grateful for his job.
I will post a picture once its all done, but so far it looks great!
Just something to do with your Toddlers to get them into the grateful spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great idea...I'm sure my kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do a thankful jar this month, too, but Matt said it would be too much to remember. BAH is what I say to that and thank you so much for this idea that I'm totally going to steal! ;)

    ReplyDelete