2nd of February

Today is Nathan's Dad's Birthday.

We picked up our basket.
It was a great basket this time! I love getting them because it helps me with my goal to stay "real" and not prepackaged, and helps me get creative with meals. Tonight was a perfect night for it too!

Then we headed out to Sams Club.
The kids all had lunch there. We looked like we were a field trip group. At least, that is what it felt like.
People were gawking at us. I choose to believe it was because our cute little kids were all sitting in a row, eating pizza and hot dogs and not bothering anyone. Nathan thinks it was in my head, and that they were staring because we took up two tables. :)

We took advantage of the beautiful 60 degree day.
Lucas took advantage of the winter in the back and spring in the front. :)






Lucas made bricks with that yellow bucket.


Cool right?

Then we played out front. 
Mason was being so crazy outside.


The kids raced out front with Nathan.

 



Mason kept score.


Then he wanted in on the action. Doesn't he look too little to be walking?


 Juliet trying to ride a bike...



 Push with your feeeeeeeeeeeet.


She got it!

We came in, and then Grandma and Grandpa came to drop off some stuff.

It was time to come in for dinner.
We made Spinach Feta and Strawberry Salad.


They are kinda heart shaped, right?
 We made Candied Pecans for the salad too.



I served it with 2 dressings.
Poppy seed and Raspberry Vinaigrette.
I let the kids decide. They thought that was so cool.


Juliet was so hungry, she couldn't even be bothered to put dressing on her spinach.


My kids love Feta. A few days ago when I bought several boxes of Cheez-Its they looked on the back asking which one was the Feta flavored. It was so cute.

After dinner, the kids opened their mailboxes.



 Auntie Steph found JellyBeans with conversation words on them.
We bathed them, and read stories together and then ate their jellybeans, mostly in one bite. :)

1 comment:

  1. Masons legs look so long! Well compared to my short legged stalky chunk of a boy. haha I love learning about what other families traditions are! The mailbox idea is so cute!

    ReplyDelete