Our Eighth

It is so funny, because I am not a sap. It is just not in me. Nathan, however, is a sap. Don't ever ask me about the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants because I have been sworn to secrecy, but - I married a guy who loves a great story.  Which is perfect, because ours is pretty awesome.

Today on FB, he wrote the nicest message and I practically melted.

I never get on here, but today is a must. 
8 years ago, at 7am in the morning, while the temple was closed for renovations, Bishop Runyan worked his magic and had the temple opened just for us, so we could be sealed (on time). It was the most special time of my life, because that is the day ValerieRae Witte became my wife. We were the only ones (plus our little troop of friends and family) in the temple. Thank you Valerie for saying yes, and giving me 5 of the most beautiful children walking around. Happy Anniversary.

It was a great day, actually.

We kept our tradition of going to Downtown City for dinner, but since we spent a week in NYC without kids we decided to take them with us. Nathan is adamant about spending our anniversary and our dates without the kids, but this time, it was different. It was a great reminder of why we go on dates without them.
If you know what I mean. Hahaha.


The kids weren't bad, they were just...kids. :)

This is the first time in 8 (9) years that our Anniversary landed on a 64 degree day. 
I mean, it was BEAUTIFUL!
Did you know Nathan and I were married on the day we met? Its true. Just a year later!

We walked around and then headed to our dinner destination.


The kids were dying to eat.


We had the best seat in the house. It wasn't busy AND kids eat for $2 on Tuesdays! Score!
I don't think it would be worth the drive just to eat here for $2 a kid, but for tonight, it was great.
The best part is that there were other kids here, so it didn't seem like we were bothering anyone.

  


 The kids ate a ton, and had a blast.

We took a bus, and walked some more.


Then to Yogurtini.


The colors are so pretty.


 Green apple and chocolate chips and waffle cone. So good!

 
Double Chocolate and Butterfinger.


 Mason had no complaints.


Just that it was gone too fast.



Here we are. The whole gang.


We strolled the town, whistled when we crossed the streets, and sand our favorite primary songs while holding hands - actually not a whole lot different when its just the two of us. Haha. Just Kidding.

Even though it wasn't a "true" date night, it was pretty neat to see where we are now.
I love Nathan so much, and feel especially blessed to have 5 kids with him.


Happy Eighth Anniversary, Nathan. 
Don't ever call him Nate. He hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment