22. Library/Summer Reading Program(s)

Since we have about a week left of summer, I thought I would take this week to highlight what we have been doing all summer. We really wanted to enjoy the fresh air, the beautiful (sometimes too hot) Colorado weather, and just plain, togetherness. 

The kids are in 4 summer reading programs, one is at our local (meaning down the street) library.
So, every Monday, we would walk to the Library return some books and check out new ones. We read over 325 books this summer. I am sure I have talked about our super awesome library before, but really, it is the best. Today (being monday) was not any different than the others, except the goats were still there!

Mason and Juliet, and really Scarlett too, all love animals so much.
I feel bad that that they were born to a no pet family. Oh well. 

Here are the kiddos loving on the goats.


Seriously, you will just melt on this next picture...





After the goats we usually head inside and grab books, play a few games, and then enjoy the kid area.





The back of the library (the yard) has a bunch of play areas sectioned off.
This one is water.


This one is music.


 This one is climb.


There are several other ones too. Bridget loves the acting station.
After the library, we walk home and enjoy a picnic lunch.



 Juliet usually tells some wild stories.


 Then we play a few games. Today was silly face silence game.




Oh Juliet, I cut the sandwiches in triangles to avoid PB on the face.

We don't stay out for very long because the mosquitoes just LOVE me so much... 

 They are all over my body, so I try to not to wear short sleeves or shorts - all summer. 
Eyeroll.

After lunch,and sometimes during - I will catch these two little besties hugging or sharing.

Just the other day, Nathan took Juliet out for a special date. Mason looked all around for her, and then just sat next to me, so sadly, looking out the window till she came back.
I am so glad they are friends.

Mondays are a fun relaxing day spent 100% together.
No chores, no errands, just together time and mellowness.



No comments:

Post a Comment