Finally -

 - Lucas got his wish. It was his turn to speak in Primary.  He has been begging since February and really wanted to talk about Daniel and the Lions Den. (His favorite story) but the theme this month is on the Holy Ghost. So I taught him the lesson in the Primary 1 manual and then asked him his thoughts.  He wrote/prepared the talk pretty much on his own.
We practiced everyday and then once more before church.

He spoke clearly and was so proud of himself after the talk.
Here it is in words...
"When you are hurt or sad, how does your mommy or daddy make you feel better?
 My Mommy gives it a rub or a kiss and sometimes if I am bleeding really bad she gives me a bandaid. I really like Spiderman bandaids. Show picture of Jesus.
This is Jesus Christ. In John 14: 16-17 Jesus knew that his helpers, umm, disciples, would be sad when he died, so he told them that he would ask Heavenly Father to send a comforter to help them not feel so bad.
The comforter is the Holy Ghost, and he can comfort us, too. When we are sad or upset, Heavenly Father will help us by sending the Holy Ghost to comfort us.
When I am upset or really mad because I am in timeout, I ask for the Holy Ghosts help to calm me down. You can do this too, all you need to do is ask for a little help and the holy Ghost will be there. 
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
I just can't believe he is old enough to give talks. This is just madness to me.

To celebrate Lucas's good job we made Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert.  I never had these growing up but I think they are going to be a tradition in our house.

Good Job to my big boy!

3 comments:

  1. First talks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily can't wait. She keeps telling me that she raises her hands and still doesn't get picked. She has been the reverence child twice though. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome 1st talk! I never gave a talk in primary and have no clue where to even begin when Lily is in there next year! I love your new tradition as well!

    ReplyDelete