Woodglen's Variety Show

This was my last activity in the Activities Committee.  I have been on the committee or have been the chairman for over 6 years, in 2 different wards.  In that time I have had 3 Talent Shows, 5 Chili Cook Offs, 5 Halloween Activities, 7 Christmas Parties, 1 Luau, 1 Ward Campout, 1 Ward Olympics, 1 Variety Show, 3 4th of July Breakfasts, 19 Break the Fasts, several FHE nights, 2 Water Wild Picnics, 1 Ward Picnic, 6 Easter Egg Hunts, and 1 Ward Blue and Gold Banquet.

I have loved almost every minute of it, and was glad I could serve the wards.  Last night was no exception to the fun.  I had a particular interest because my Activity Day Girls, and the Sunbeams (Lucas's class) were on the program.  We had Baked Ziti (my recipe) Green Salad, Garlic Bread, and Cookies and Brownies.  We had plenty of food and lots of fun. There was over 200 people there and the usual families weren't even there!

There were 23 performances, here are the ones we were involved in.
Lucas and his Best Bud Robert.  Don't worry I have video. Lucas thought he needed to be on the mic the whole time. Haha.
Here is the Sunbeam Class minus the 3 kids that weren't activity. Caleb (the teacher), Robert, Lucas, JC and Jayden up top. Nathan (their other teacher)
Video as promised!
*they all knew the words but it was a little hard to hear. 
My girls, minus 1. We did a skit.
Bridget cried and cried because she wanted to sing a song too. I calmed her down and she found her friend Camryn and then she was happy again.
Scarlett was funny too.
I kept finding her with different people.
She also had a different cookie each time.  I am so grateful that the ward takes care of my kids while I am working the event and I am even more grateful that the ward always pitches in to help clean up, its really great!

This was a really fun activity and I got a lot of compliments on the food and the activity, that must mean everyone had a great time. 

Other things to note...my kids think they are break dancers. Ask Kirsta Jacobs, she saw first hand the bad moves of my kids! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment