No Tears Today

Today Lucas told us "Today is the last day of Preschool. My Birthday is in 1 month and 3 weeks and 87 days till Kindergarten. I can't wait to be 5 and in real school."

On the way to PreSchool Graduation he told me he wasn't going to cry and to remember not to cry too.

Here is Kaitlin, Robert, Anna and Lucas on the first Day...
Anna moved to Kansas but here are Lucas, Robert and Kaitlin on the LAST day of PreSchool.

Here is a picture of Mrs. McDonald and the boys (they were in the same class)
Everyone got a class picture and a special note from the teacher and after reading it himself...there are about 6 sentences he said..."That is a lot of words, why didn't she just say she was going to miss me and leave it at that?" Hahaha.



There was a cute little program...the girls were enthralled.

And then Lucas leaped over the bridge took his "diploma" and was ready for KINDERGARTEN!
He was greeted by these 4...
and that was it.  No tears just a HUGE lump in my throat that I have an almost 5 year old who is going to SCHOOL in 87 days.  He is so excited and so ready and we are very proud of him.

We asked what he wanted to do to celebrate and he wanted to go on a family bike ride. So we hit up REI for some bike cables...
and went home to go on a ride.

 Scarlett and I stayed home and snuggled outside while they rode through the neighborhood.
 Time to get those bangs trimmed! Yikes!
Lucas came home because he needed immediate attention.
He ate it really bad.
 After we calmed him down we rode over to the library.
 This was Nathan's solution to forgetting the bike lock problem.  He was so proud of himself...like if they can untangle this they deserve the bikes. Hahahaha. 
To celebrate Lucas's BIG day I made his favorite things...pasta, broccoli and chicken. 
He was sad there was no shrimp in this dish - BUT - it didn't stop him from eating 2 bowls of it so I count it as a success!
Sun Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, Mozzarella, Prosciutto and cheesy sauce! Mmmmm.

I made (A)Ebleskivers for dessert but the  picture isn't that great.
 
Grandma and Dad - these are vanilla shells with nutella inside.
They went WAAAAAY to fast!

4 comments:

  1. My grandma had one of those "bridges" when I was a kid, we used to have it upside down and rock in it like a boat. And Ebelskivers with Nutella! Talk about heaven! Yum! Congratulations to Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and cute!!! YAY LUCAS!!! Ps-LOVE Ebleskivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to stop reading your blog for like 2 more weeks. You are making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I've been trying to eat better... then I read Val's blog. It's like those billboards with yummy looking food on them that lure you in to whatever restaurant. Evil! lol So so yummy, but evil, just the same. :)

    ReplyDelete