Today.

Today it rained. It rained all day. It is still raining.

The doorbell rang at 9am. It was the friendly neighborhood FedEx man.  

This is what he delivered to me...
This is my Brand New 11 Cup Cuisnart ProCustom Grade Food Processor.
My Grandma...
who is a  lovely lady who knows and appreciates my love for all things cooking.  I get this passion from my father who gets it from her.  My love/problem/obsession is really her fault! :) Just Kidding.

Anyway. She sent it to me for Mother's Day.  Isn't it awesome? Although I know we shouldn't covet things I am giving you all permission to ooh and aww over this beautiful piece of machinery.

So OF COURSE since it was raining I had to do something about it and bake something amazing right?

Well - those plans had to wait since Lucas had his Kindergarten Safari today!
Lucas was on Team Elephant.
They had a scavenger hunt to show the kids where to go and where things were.
They got to do a neat coloring project while the parents were in the Library during orientation.
After that the kids got to pick a new book and got a safari snack kit.
Lucas was so excited and looked so small in comparison to the other kids there.  I have to remember that even though he is so tall he is always going to be one of the youngest kids in school having a July birthday. I have no doubt that he will do just fine in kindergarten though.  I think he is one of the most excited kids EVER! :)

Okay after that we came home and I started my project with my new food processor!  I am determined to master tart/quiche/pie making before I turn 30. I have a list of doughs/crusts/and kinds that I need to master before I can check them off

This one was the Brioche Dough.  I made a Golden Custard and Cherry Brioche Tart.


That crust was DELICIOUS!  The custard was perfectly sweet and cherries are my favorite.  So far I have mastered the Sweet Rich Short Crust and now the Brioche Crust. I was pleasantly surprised how easy this was.

Soon I am going to try the pate brisee and pate sucree crusts.
The best part about my uninturrepted kitchen creation time was my happy little helper...
She is really great with a whisk!

We are celebrating our Mother's Day this Sunday since we were in California.
We have something else special to celebrate...
Nathan got straight A's AGAIN this semester!  I am so proud and grateful to have such a hard worker in my life - he is a great example to me and our children and we are so blessed that he is able to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment