Easter!

My sister and I used to dream about when we were older and how we would live in neighboring neighborhoods and be best friends and our husbands would be friends and always be at work. We would raise each others kids and always be pregnant, and play with each others kids. Our kids and their cousins would be so close it would be fan-tastic.   This would have been our real life if I hadn't moved to Colorado.
Today was a little glimpse of what that could have been.
We spent most of the day laughing and playing with the kids. It was so much fun.
We have always wanted to do a holiday together. I hope we can do another one soon!

I also made dinner for the family.
2 hams, Cheezy Potatoes (funeral style), Carmelized Green Beans w/red onions and bacon, Rolls, and Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip Cake.

While I was baking sugar cookies Steph made lunch for the wee ones.



We opted not to do the frosting and just buy it. Less mess, and my dad only has a hand mixer...which I had already dirtied up, so moving on...

After lunch, we put the babies to bed and started dying eggs. Grandpa came in the kitchen at just the right time.

 Bridget drew this egg. It is a girl because it has eyelashes. :)




I drew X's on the bags so the cup could go on the X and they could lean over and not make a mess.
But, Scarlett was participating, which meant mess.


Grandpa drew a special picture on Lucas's Egg and Lucas figured it out. He thought it was funny.



Phil dying an egg.


Nathan and I were messing around and "arguing" about this "red/orange/scarlet egg" So silly.



After egg dying, we decorated cookies!


Stephanie and I were taking pictures from every angle and captured this one on accident.


It was pretty funny.

The kids were so excited to "paint cookies" too!
Bridget was showing me her creation.


Someone sneaked a bite.
Well, tried too!




After the older kids made 2 cookies each, the babies were up and ready to hunt.


In order, Mason 1, Philip 22 months, Juliet 2, Scarlett 4, Bridget 5, Lucas 6.5
The youngest 3 were all born in 2011. How cool. One more coming soon, and we will be complete!



 Mason knew just what to do.








 Each kid gets to search for a specific color. Stephanie and I just happened to make it the same color as their buckets. Crazy!




We came in, and let the littles make a few cookies too.


twinners! (below)


While I was making pig and fixins Steph and Theo did puzzles with the Wittes.



Then it was time to finish the Eggs for our table scape.


Grandma got home just in time to finish up the cute ninja/diva eggs with us.



It was a fun night, full of food, and family. Yay! Happy Easter!


2 comments: