Da Beach!

The kids LOVE the beach, how could we not go?
We went early in hopes to avoid sunburns. Luckily, when we got there we had no sun. (sarcastic - YEA!)

The kids were troopers.



It was high tide, so there were TONS of surfers out. The kids loved watching them so much!




Mason and Juliet quickly ran over to the ocean.


Mason absolutely loved being "free."



Nathan found another private beach that had huge cliffs, and blocked the wind. So we trekked over there.


Now, I need to tell you about Scarlett. She cried and cried because it was too cold. Once we moved to the windless beach she decided she would go in the ocean. She LOVED it.



 Until she became over confident and went a little too far. 


She wasn't paying attention to what was behind her...


Wa-POOSH!


That was the last time she went into the ocean (this trip)


It didn't take long for me to cheer her up.
All I needed to do was offer lunch!
And if you know Scarlett, lover of all things edible, you know that the tears immediately ended.


PS - what do you think about giving her bangs? These are baby hairs, but I am thinking about it...

After eating, we enjoyed sand play. We love the sand, but there is just nothing out there that compares to beach sand and the sound of the ocean in the background.




 Did I mention that it was high tide?


The sounds were amazing. I had the girls close their eyes and just listen.


The babies had a great time playing with us.



 Even though they were cold, they were happy to be outside and have our undivided attention. We talked, we played, we enjoyed being outside. Just relaxing and having no plans was awesome.


Mason is a crack up.


Scarlett was collecting She-Shells.


We were pretending to be fancy and Juliet grabbed my hat and was just laughing and laughing.
Juliet has the best belly laugh. I need to record it.


Then Bridget pulled out her french accent and was being silly.



 After the beach, we meandered over to the tide pools. We specifically picked this beach for its extra educational offerings.


There were sea caves.
Bridget described them as Elephant Skinned Caves.




So many cool things to see and touch!


Muscles!



There were crabs and turtles too!

What a great time at the beach.

My hair went crazy with the humidity.


We went back to the car, Scarlett had to be stripped down to just a spare shirt we had in the car. There was sand encrusted to her panties, so they had to be removed. Poor baby. Good thing I had goldfish in my car. :)


One more thing that needs to be documented. Bridget (true to Witte form) was over confident on the cliffs and "slipped down the mountain" She said "I protected my face so it would stay beautiful."


I am glad that my kids throw caution to the wind  are risk takers and adventurous.
I am also glad that they are vain  worried about ruining those cute faces. :)

We came home met everyone for more pool time (where it was 20 degrees hotter at my parents) had dinner and played and played and played.

Just for fun - here is a LINK LINK LINK (there are 3) to other times we went to the beach.
Mason was there both times! :) Once inside and once outside. Hehehe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how we love the beach! Looks like a great time to be had. And Bridget is a trooper with her skinned knee...my kids would not have handled it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma wishes she could give S and B big hugs for the hard things that happened. Looks like so much fun otherwise. She's not the only one who wishes she was there! ;)

    ReplyDelete