Kindergarten Safari 2.0

It is so funny to me that no matter how many "firsts" each of my kids have...they are exciting and different each time.

When Lucas went to his Safari, it was a little emotional for me. Not like full fledged bawl fest, but a tear here and there. Lucas was so excited and wanted to know, know, know.

Today was Bridget's Safari, and miss sassy pants was quiet as a mouse. She wasn't her usual "I am me,deal with it."  She listened to the information, she walked and did what she was supposed to and when it was time to leave, she said "Okay, well, Thank You." I thought that she was going to be like "I know everything, I am here all of the time" but she wasn't.  Actually, it was refreshing to see her in this new light. I mean she isn't difficult, just has a personality. A loud one.

She was in Elephant Group just like Lucas was, she enjoyed the tour, the fact that everyone knew her, and that they asked about her siblings. When they asked her what is something special about her she was the only one in her group to reply "pretty much everything." Everyone looked stunned, it was the best thing ever. At least she owns her cool. HAHA.

Here she is on the tour of the school. So little.   :)
We were able to meet the kindergarten teachers, and Bridget is pretty sure she wants Mrs. S., Mrs.K. would be ideal, but "Mrs. S has long beautiful hair."
This (below) is Bridget meeting the office staff. She was asked to ask them one question and she asked "Do you order bandaids on Amazon,or just buy them from Target?" The school nurse is the one laughing. 

Afterwards, she got a new book and a safari snack box and was stoked it had s'more goldfish.
Although she was timid, I think she will be a great student and a great kindergartner.

She was also happy to see that she is EXACTLY five and a half TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment