Sucky Sunday

Nathan is gone a lot of the week, and when he is home, I am gone. For the most part, he is the one who is gone. School is A-L-M-O-S-T over, but the one day he is guaranteed to be home is Sundays, until he got his new calling. Now, he isn't home on Sundays. 

Usually, it is Sunday nights only, but today was awful. 930 to 600 he was gone. On a day I would have really loved to have him home.

The kids were just crazier than normal and I just missed having my husband...around.
I know this time will pass. But, today was hard.

The only thing that would cheer me up was to dance to loud music.
So, we did.

Then I felt great! 
So, I snapped a few pictures of the kids, and headed to the church.




We made it there 30 minutes before, because they missed him too.

Everyone was happy again!
And then it was 2nd hour, and Primary is just unbearable for me.
I love my class, but the time between Sacrament to my class time is utterly painful.

I just get so upset and mad that Primary feels like a complete free for all, that I mentally want to check out.
But, I don't because my class needs me there. Every class time, my kids (in my class) beg to not go to Primary, unless it is 5th Sunday. (which is when I teach Sharing time) They would rather have 2 hours of Sacrament, than go to Primary. And, lately, I would rather sit through 2 hours of sacrament with my kids and 5 more, than go to Primary.

Just like everything else, this will pass.
I have to believe that.
I do believe that.
And, luckily, I know this was just one bad day in 51 other Sundays that will be better.

Enough of the sadness and whining.


Time to be happy!
Today was just one Sunday, and now it is over!
YAY!


5 comments:

  1. I feel ya! Primary is seriously the worst and was soooooo hectic and crazy and ahh today! Especially when D. bolted haha! I hate singing time. But not Bridget, she's such a cutie : ) Hope you can get some more time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry!! I actually arrived at church yesterday in tears thinking "I hate Church." :) And I only have those thoughts when Nate is gone and I have to do the kids all by myself, etc. It will pass...just keep dancing!! I hope time goes by fast and Nathan is done with school and you can have good family time again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Nate's calling? I feel ya, on the whole missing your husband. Aaron is gone a lot between work and his calling and then I'm gone when he is home. (He's in the bishopric). So when he is home it is kind of like a novelty. I hope Primary gets better for you and the kids it sounds like. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it can be hard to see a program and think how you might do things differently. Your post may especially be affected if you're feeling frustrated and overwhelmed at home. I know the primary president pretty well, and I know how overwhelming this calling can be. It can be a thankless calling--it sounds like you're a teacher so you know, too! How often do people go up and say, "thank you for preparing this lesson," or "thank you for giving up so much of your time to plan activities, lessons, etc." If there are unruly children, talk with the parents. In primary, either as a teacher or a presidency member, you aren't aloud to "discipline"--that is the parents' job. So again, the presidency and the teachers there are in a tough spot if there are difficult behaviors. These are callings, they are not trained educators. It can be very hard to believe the saying, "Whom the Lord calls He qualifies." But if we raised our hand to sustain these leaders and teachers, we must give this person the benefit of the doubt that they are doing the best they can, and that we must do all we can to help support and lift them up in their callings as well, esp when we don't have to share the burden of a presidency. The bottom line is that these comments can be hurtful to those who are genuinely trying their best, even if you didn't mean it that way. I worry what the presidency would think or feel should they read your comments. Would it make them feel better and make them want to try harder? Would it do anything at all to show your support and love of primary and the children in there? I understand that this is your blog and you can exercise your right to free speech, but I hope in the future that if you do have concerns, you will voice them to the appropriate people in an appropriate forum. Feel free to take this offline and contact me if you would like to discuss this further. We're all trying to do the Lord's work, let's try to do it together as the heavenly family we are. Either way, I do hope primary gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little troll! Don't listen to her Val. She is just trying to ruin your day. It has been a rough few months in Primary and this girl isn't even in the ward. She is just giving her unwanted opinion on a post that was purely a vent. She isn't even in our ward and is trying to cause a scene. That is what unhappy people do - stir up drama. Instead of minding her own business she finds an older post to attack you on. You have been in Primary for 7+ years, you know the ebbs and flows. She clearly does not. You class adores you and you just keep pushing through. It wouldn't surprise me if this troll tries to stir up more drama,so watch out. - loveyou babe!

    ReplyDelete