Saturday Morning Rituals

I remember being young and waking up at 6 with my sister and getting dressed in our soccer gear, going downstairs into the kitchen and grabbing some cereal, a Nutrigrain bar or if we were lucky a Poptart. While my dad was cutting orange slices for the game we would turn on the TV and watch PepperAnn, (my FAV cartoon) or Garfield and Friends or Gummi Bears. There would be a random California Raisins short, or Bump in the Night short, sometimes we would watch Tiny Toons, you know the list of shows would change every year but it was our Saturday morning ritual.

My kids have their own ritual every Saturday Morning we make muffins - but - before that happens my kids wake up at 6:45 come down and turn on the TV. They are not allowed to wake us up until 7.3.0. As soon as the oven says 7.3.0 they start to run upstairs and slowly open our door and then usually scream that they are "star-va-ling" Or if its Lucas he will sneak right up to your face and whisper "Um, mom its 7.3.0. and I am really hungry."

So Nathan and I will drag our bee-hinds out of bed and make muffins while my kids watch a show or two. Right now they love the Jetsons. Thank you Boomerang.  But when it is over they are stuck with shows they really don't like anymore like Handy Manny or Special Agent Oso. So instead of complaining they do this...
They sit UNDER the TV and read. Hahaha. I love it!
Bridget in Lucas's "old" jammies, Lucas in his soccer shorts, and Scarlett wearing 3T jammies.  So funny.
I hope they remember these moments as I remember mine.
Gotta run, the Raspberry Muffins are done!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all the great rituals and memories you are filling their days with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Steph8/21/10, 3:35 PM

    Aww I miss those shows and days....memories...at the corner of mind.....talkin bout memories....scattered pic-tures....

    ReplyDelete