New York Day One!

I feel incredibly lucky that this whole trip actually happened. 

First off, I will forever be in my In-Laws debt for taking all 5 of my kids for the next few days so Nathan and I could come to New York ALONE!

Second, We got an amazing rate on airfare, hotel, and we just couldn't pass it up.

Third, and really, the biggest reason we are in New York RIGHT NOW is because my cousin Sam is becoming Barmitzvah, and it was time to see the whole family again.

***

Okay, on to today's adventure.

I packed the kids up and dropped them off last night.

Clearly, I have a problem.

Then, Nathan and I woke up, and our ride to the airport cancelled 30 minutes before we had to leave and my friend Tara took us to the airport, last minute, ON HER BIRTHDAY! 
Can you believe it? I have the best friends.

Anyway, we got on the plane and the pilot said we were going to Chicago and everyone was freaking out. HE was on the wrong plane! OOPS!
Nathan passed out thanks to Aquafina.

Then we made it to New York, Here is a friendly animated airport service hologram.

Then we picked up a taxi, and on cue I belted out "NYC"

We rushed into the hotel room, brushed our teeth and went out for Dim Sum with  my peeps.
I got a quick kiss from my adorable nephew, Philip.

Okay, "kiss" is a stretch. I got a smile - but, the feeling was mutual. :)




The place we went to had crystal animals from the Chinese calendar on the ceiling. This is a bad picture, but it was beautiful and fancy!

I got some time with my awesome Grandma who is a fantastic orderer.
She always picks the best food to eat!
After dinner, Nathan and I walked back and checked out the Temple, and enjoyed the crisp New York air...without kids. A great date night!

Did I mention my cousins are flippin awesome? Sam is so mature and cool. I found out that my Horn's are Basketball fanatacs...INCLUDING GiGi! Wha???

Aiden 9 and Sam 13.

It is amazing how nice it is to talk to my family without wrangling kids!
I am on cloud nine, great food, great people, great room, and ... its JUST the beginning!

Signing off, from Manhattan, NY!

2 comments:

  1. You are SO close to me!!! Well kinda. :-) Have a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for New York!! Glad you made it there, ok! :) Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete