Croquettes

This is what we got in our basket this week.


I only purchased one because it has been a while and I was worried with it being winter, what we would get.
I was bummed we only bought one because my kids love everything we got. The strawberries we ate for French Toast Sunday. Lucas has been eating the pears for snack at school. We used the tomatoes for Nacho night, and I used the Watermelon and Pineapple for FHE tonight.  What to do with potatoes?

My Grandmother bought me this pan and it came today!
I decided to make Baked Potato Croquettes (a recipe she sent to me) and Steaks for dinner tonight.


This is what they look like before they are cooked.



and then crispy all around when baked.


Oh my, were they good.
What a perfect side to steak too, because they aren't "heavy" like a heap of mashed potatoes are.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.
I have big plans for this pan. My mushroom loving husband has already requested Stuffed Mushrooms next week. :)

Since we started having FHE on Tuesday (b/c of Nathan's school) I don't feel as rushed, and our lessons and activities are much better than they used to be. In fact, tonight's lesson was on Agency and I had Lucas in tears! Something must have gotten through because he was praying all night to make the right choices.

Our "treat" was Pineapple and Watermelon Kabobs, but Nathan forgot to soak the wooden sticks so we gave them toothpicks and that was a hit too.


Unless you are Juliet. She doesn't even need the toothpick or fork to enjoy fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment