New York Day Six

We had several interruptions our last night in the hotel. Some from the neighbors. some from room service to the wrong room, so we slept in and enjoyed our king sized bed. Which we actually ended up hating...well, it depends on who you ask. Nathan enjoyed his extra room because he thinks our Queen at home is pretty much like this...

I hated not having him next to me, and he is so used to sleeping on the very edge of the bed, that the GIANT bed we had, was completely worthless. LOL. Anyway, we packed it up and got going. Everywhere we went we saw these cabbage/heads of something all throughout Manhattan. I don't know what they are, but they are so cool.


We grabbed a walking breakfast and headed to ABC studios, Juliard, and the Temple!



This temple is incredible, you can't hear a peep from the streets on the inside.


I am glad we took our last day slow. I mean, how often do you get time without your kids?
How often do you get to go on a trip like this?

Every time I go to New York I miss my Grandpa. 
I think Juliet looks JUST like him. Blue eyes and everything. :) 


When ever we would go, or my parents would go, they would bring us New York food back. This is one of my Dad's favorites, so we brought Black and Whites home for the kids. 


We hopped on the plane and said good bye to NYC...for now.


It was like 7 degrees when we deboarded the plane. Cindy picked us up, and then she went home.
The kids could hardly wait to see Nathan...


haha, and me too.

It was a wonderful time spent together, exploring and discovering new things.
I am glad we went without them, I missed them, but was glad to have the "break."


We talked to them everyday, and I left little notes for them in their packets of clothes, in their pockets, in their socks. They had notebooks to write in, and I wrote them each a letter. Lucas read everything to the girls, and they all were very good for Gary and Cindy (at least that's what they tell me)

We made tacos for dinner and the kids LOVED them.
We stayed up waaaay too late talking and playing with them.

PS they Loved the cookies!

1 comment:

  1. I think this was my favorite post... by a small margin. I'm sad they're over, though! I've been looking forward to reading these every day! Now I want to go!! haha I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and that you're home safe with your little family. I love love that picture of you with your kids - so great! What a fun adventure - I'm so glad you blogged about it so I could share! :)

    ReplyDelete