New York Day Two, part two

Okay, so here is what happened.

We got to Times Square...





 and we were taking pictures when Chris Cuomo was out posing with other people in front of ABC studios.  Some kid yelled, pushed me while I was taking a picture and Chris yelled at me "hey!" I was startled and thought he was yelling AT me so I just continued on. He tapped my shoulder, I turned around and he said "that guy came out of nowhere. are you okay?" I said yes and then just stared him down. What is wrong with me? Seriously, I don't know.

After that, we went into the COOLEST Toys R Us ever! It had a Ferris wheel inside!
Here was one of the cars, but you can see...they are all cool and different!

Behind the Ferris Wheel was a Candy Store.
GIANT candy! Nathan found bottlecaps for me. They are my favorite!


LEGOS!

 
This Dinosaur moved and rawr'd. The hotel internet is slow, but I will upload the videos when we get home on Tuesday. :)


 This was HUGE!


Hulk, my hero!


They even had a GIANT barbie house. This Toys R Us was 4 floors!


After Times Square it started pouring.
Nathan and I jumped on a subway. Did I mention Nathan memorized the subway lines so we wouldn't get lost. *think rainman* hahaha. No, it has been so helpful and we have never had to ask for directions or anything, he just knew what to do. What a life saver!

Every subway station has some sort of beautiful glass tile artwork. 
Don't get me wrong, the subways are smelly and dirty, but there are these little gems everywhere you go, it is awesome!

We saw 2 performers in the tunnels of the subway. I took video, so I will just do a post on videos when I get home. They were SO cool!


This guy was my favorite. I felt a little Jamaican groove goin on.

HEY look!
Right in Times Square!

We walked in NYC in the rain. It was glorious.
We saw this gorgeous building called the Ansonia.

We went in to take a tour. This building is over 150 years old. So, so, beautiful inside.


Another pretty building, right by our hotel.


How they do construction in NYC...


What is normal to them, is terrifying to me. 

We get to hear sirens just about every night thanks to this...
 This is a cool firetruck, it is a mobile lumber yard. I took this picture for my son, whom I love very much. He would have loved this whole set up...


After all that exploring, it was time to go to Shabbat.

 An illegal picture of the Temple. I am so irreverent.
Then we congregated at Cotta for dinner. I love these people.

The service was pretty cool.
Nathan liked reading from the Torrah and the Old Testement during the ceremony. More on that tomorrow.

What a busy busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment