New York Day Three

We got up and got going! 

I love this building.


 I love that all these buildings are attached, but different.
First Stop. Grand Central Station. It turned 100 this year!



 so we went inside...


I thought, oh good! Its not that busy. But, this is just the beginning of the beginning.


This place is massive. you feel like an ant.


One thing that is interesting, is that it is still used for trains.


Even GiGi is going to Boston this week via Grand Central!



The building is stunning.


There are these coves on the top with the coolest designs.



and constellations on the blue part.  I counted 15 in all.


Here it is when you walk in...look up.


Under the main floor is a food court.
It is an entire little city underground.


Nathan tried Black and Whites...


and a Napoleon.



I thought of my Dad and his talking about his favorite eats when he was a kid living in the city.

We left Grand Central and then saw this...
and went right back in. The Grand Central Market.

This is right when you walk in...

What a sight!  We walked through the tight spaces and smelled and tasted all we could in this market. I am so glad we didn't have kids for this because it was too hard for us to keep our hands off this stuff.
It was amazing and jam packed with people. 



Everything in New York is SO much more expensive than it is in Colorado.
But, New York has much more to offer, food wise.



After tasting and enjoying the market, we walked through Grand Central again.
There were shops, and more to see, like a wedding!


What beautiful vows. It made me glad for my marriage to Nathan. :)

We left and checked out the Chrysler Building.


The whole building was art deco and 50s style.


Then we walked the streets. The whole day was cloudy. To me, it is the only way to really enjoy the city.
It was not to cold, not rainy, but brisk and nice. I loved it. I spotted some cool buildings too!



Doesn't this one look like tin?

After being that person who takes pictures of everything, we hit the subway and I found more tile work.


We were in the food mood so we headed over to Eatly.


It was on Madison Avenue - across the street from Home Depot.
 

Hahaha. Isn't that so weird?

We went inside. If you are a food enthusiast, I recommend this place. It is also crowded and tight and not fun for kids, but great for a date.
  Especially if you do this...


There is a cool learning station. Look Nathan is TOUCHING an apple product! *gasp*


You go in and it is set up in different sections.




They had fresh mozzarella making and tasting too!


There were restaurants and tasting stations and food of all kinds inside.
Martha Stewart and Mario Batali own/run this place so everything is gourmet and fancy and $$$$, but it was AMAZING!

 After this we went around Madison Ave a bit. I got to go to Marimekko and oogle fabric.
 

We had such a fun day and night. I love that we were just us.  We (I) debated on taking Mason or Jules, or both, but Nathan insisted that we go just us.

Marriage is so important, our marriage is so important.

This was a great get away trip and it served many purposes. I call home every day and my inlaws assure me that the children are behaving and that they are fine, and they should be if we did anything right.

I am grateful for Gary and Cindy for taking the kids and for supporting our decision to go without them.

I am especially grateful for my husband for working so hard and making this trip possible.
And for my cousin to have his bar mitzvah weekend when flights to NY were less than $80 a person. LOL

I can't wait for tomorrows post.
I can't wait to see my babies.
I also can't wait to get to bed, so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment