I'm another year older, but I'm taking it well

Hahaha
I woke up to a slap on the face which was from my son who said "Hi Mommy Yea!" He wanted to read the book I got for my birthday...problem is...this was the book...
It is a cookbook by Pamela Clark. I wanted the cupcake one that Emily was raving about, but at the last minute I freaked out and realized, I hate cake. We didn't have cake at our wedding because I hate cake. A cupcake wouldn't be any different, so the cookie book was a better choice! I opened the book and was "reading it to Lucas and he would say "yummy" "this cookie" "that cookie" "mmmm I want cookie" (picture cookie monster saying it, that was Lucas)

I made Heart Shaped Fried Eggs for everyone...
I received several calls from my family and friends, and was serenaded by Danielle via facebook, one of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite kids shows...Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids
Danielle types: Happy Birthday, my love! I shall serenade you! Spiders are spinning their web in the trees! Buggies are bouncing and hugging the breeze! Flying through the sky, flying high! The sunny patch, the funny patch! To the hollow trees families with rings and strings and silly things! Coming home for hugs, be good to bugs!!!! (it is their theme song) (she sang it in an oper-et-ic voice) Which I secretly love.
The answer to Veronica's card question: I believe it's Buck Naked? But if you are Naked and your butt is showing it would be Butt Naked? I will research this question and get back to you!Then we went to Red Robin for Dinner, for two reasons...Ben was leaving Chili's as we pulled up and Red Robin just opened up by our house! We discovered a few things at dinner. Lucas is very good when we go out to eat, and is a great eater when lemonade is involved! Bridget likes Lemonade just as much as Lucas does, and she does not like Ranch Dressing! I gave her some and she nearly fell out of the high chair! High chair yes! She sat in one the whole time.

Then we had Heath Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen because I HATE cake!

I had a fun shopping day at Sam's, American Eagle and the grocery store. It was a fun day! We came home and finished watching Lost, because we are a little late jumping on the Lost Bandwagon and are now watching Season 1. Aaah!

So I'd have to say this was a pretty good birthday! (and for once in the 3 years of my marriage I wasn't pregnant on my birthday!!!)

Posts to come: Losing the bet, My Magic Gloves, A Pretty Good Thing

3 comments:

  1. you're a riot! You hate cake... WEIRDO.

    But the cookie book really would be more logical, then. :)
    (do you like frosting?? 'Cause I love me some cookies with frosting!!)

    Happy birthday-- it sounds like it was a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! Thank you for doing the research, you young whipper snapper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was great. The CooKie book looks Awesome and Nummy too...

    ReplyDelete