Post 8 - Perinatologist


*Note - This post happened in the past*
*As of right now, baby and mom doing are okay*


I know I have gone on and on about Dr. Hobbins. He truly is the best doctor in the world.  He is so comforting and nice and patient friendly.

I went in after a DELICIOUS Lunch Date @ Tamayo.
I was in a wheelchair, but I got to leave the house!

I purposefully ate spicy food so baby would be wild.

We got to the Dr.'s office, they called me in and then they got to business.
Since I have had 5 bleeds Placenta was #1 on the list.

It looks good. It is only 2cm covering which is still annoying.
They checked the veins and placement and everything looks good.
They couldn't see any potential bleeds but could see evidence of the last one.

They took hysterectomy off the table.  The placenta doesn't appear to be attached to the "problem area."
They moved up. The baby is so high, like rib cage high.
Everything looked great. Hands opened, fluid good, bones measured 2 weeks ahead.
Baby is in 77th percentile for weight and height.  Well over what it should be for weight which is good.

Baby's Kidneys. This has been a worry for several weeks.
They are no longer dilated. No surgery, no concerns.
Heart pumping like a champ.

Baby looks great. I didn't get a "due date" I got a delivery date. They will not let me go past this day.
If I can make it to this day I would be thrilled.
I would be 34 weeks on the day that they decided.
Still a preemie but not a micro preemie.
They are taking me off extreme bed rest on the 16th of December...things will be "safe" then.
If "it" continues to follow trend, "it" could be well over 5 pounds at 34 weeks!

We couldn't be happier with the news. Such a weight has been lifted.
Being on bed rest and asking for help has done it's job!

I am going to try and push through the next several weeks to make it to my next perinatal appointment.
I hope I don't bleed again and that I can make it to Delivery Day!

We are grateful for the kind thoughts and prayers we have received.
We are also grateful for our friends and people in the ward who have helped by bringing meals, and taking the kids on days Nathan and his mom couldn't be here.



2 comments:

  1. So glad you're doing alright, and that baby is, too! We will be keeping you both in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so happy to hear everything looks good with the baby. I hope you make it to your delivery date.

    ReplyDelete