Programs/Holiday Cheer

Bridget had her Preschool Program yesterday. She was nominated by her whole class to sing a solo.  She of course gave in to her fans and performed a solo. Haha.
She was so excited to wear this dress. It is a hand-me-down from Ali and it is a size 6!
 Juliet being funny during the breaks.


***

Today was Lucas's Winter Writing Celebration.

Lucas was so excited about reading his writing to the class.
Everyone in the class got a turn but what was so funny was that everyone's sample was the same.

"If you take me to the movies, I'll ask for..."
(from if you take a mouse to the movies)

most kids wrote slushy, pizza, etc. and that's it... BUT Lucas wrote:

"some popcorn to go with it and chances are if you give me popcorn, Ill want you to take me to the park."

All the parents chuckled but it totally sounded like my boy! 
They got to have a special snack and then show us their reading journals, their writing notebooks, and what they have been working on. Lucas's writing notebook had over 35 pages of pure writing. Mrs. Kelso told Nathan and I that Lucas really likes to write. Mostly about Lego's, riding his bike, and being a Rescue Hero/Community Helper.

***

Since the older kids got to have something special, Scarlett made the family dinner. Holiday Mac n Cheese and Little Smokies in Crescent Rolls. It was delicious, and she was so proud! :)


We got a special delivery from Nathan's work

The Activity Day Girls caroled to our family, and that was the end of the last two days. :)

Tomorrow is the last day of school and then vacation! Wahoo.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! You have such beautiful children. I love that Bridget had the courage to sing a solo! And you little writer is impressive too--I also like popcorn at the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Bridget would sing a solo! That girl cracks me up! I love that Scarlett made such a fancy dinner! I seriously love your kids!

    ReplyDelete