Christmas Eve @ Witte's and NICU week 3

We gathered, ate Yummy Sandwiches, and of course, had the Christmas Exchange.
2011 - Theme "IN THE KITCHEN"
Nathan gives to Ryan 
Valerie gives to Veronica 
Jared gives to Cory
Erin gives to Valerie
(to which we all laughed at the Nacho stand)
I got an Erin Milne Witte handmade cake stand!!! I loooove it!
Ryan gives to Jared
Veronica gives to Erin
Liz gives to Danielle
Cory gives to Nathan
A Pancake Dispenser and Cookbook!!!
Our family is so lucky!
Ben gives to Alex
Danielle gives to Liz
Alex gives to Ben

We also made gingerbread houses.

 I swear I am not on drugs. I don't know what is up with me in all these pics. So weird.

 Juliet and Spencer playing puzzles.

 All the boys got this tool set and a survival knife.

 My kids hugging and grateful for all they received. 

 In case anyone was wondering...Lucas loves Lego's.

 Grandma Witte spent many long hours making special dresses for the girls. They all were different, but matched. I can't wait for them to wear them!
 Juliet having a great time drooling and playing with the leftover carnage.

Everyone was able to talk to Uncle Chris who is serving in PA on his mission and then we headed to the NICU...

When we got there Mason had a little surprise for us:
He was in a big boy crib!!!!
Nathan and I didn't know they were going to do this so we were ALL shocked!
 Every kid passed the test and got to go in. 
It was a special treat since only 4 people were allowed in at a time.


 We was asleep for most of it.


 It was truly amazing to see the love each of our kids have for Mason.
 His hand in Nathan's hand.
 Nathan was itching to hold him so I passed him off.

 He was smiling at Nathan!
 My boys!
 He is just growing so much and doing so well. 
It makes it a little easier to leave him knowing that he isn't having problems.
 Look at that! My whole family looking at me. *sigh* finally!
Grow Mason, Grow!

Here are the weekly stats just for my record. 

Day 16 - 3.13 pounds, high flow nasal canula, very warm for his size, but nothing to worry about.

Day 17 - 35ml every 3 hours, weaned oxygen to 1.5 L but still on high flow. 3.14lbs. Physical Therapy came and are pleased with movements, so he might not need any therapy after he goes home!

Day 18 - Mommy visits

Day 20 - 4 lbs 2 oz - steady on high flow BUT ready to be moved to low flow.
Just growing and Feeding now!


Day 22 - Family visits and *drumroll please* 4lbs 6oz AND in a big boy crib!
Getting ready to transition to bottles and swallowing therapy.
Please pray he eats and swallows without a problem. This is the ONE thing he HAS to do to come home.

EEEK!!!!!

1 comment: