Road Trip from CA to NV,AZ, UT and Finally CO!

We packed up and went to my parents.
The babies bonded.
 Then they napped.
 We had a Chinese feast, then said good bye.
Lucas had a rough time saying good bye to his favorite person.
 Nothing a movie couldn't fix.
 Until it was over. Then he cried again. He really loves California and Grandpa.
It was 1:30 when we left for our 18 hour drive.
 It was 4:45pm when we hit Nevada/Vegas.
 I had lots for the kids to do so they would have to watch movies the whole time. 
I am not into them being glued to electronics at home or in the car.
 We drove through Virgin River Canyon. The kids were speechless at the beauty.
 We were in Utah at 7:40. So far only in the car for 6ish hours.
 We stopped in St. George for an hour to eat dinner and stretch. 
They have the Coolest visitors center!
 Whatever these are --- I love them.
 Good Bye Utah!
We drove straight through - I could BARELY keep my eyes open.
We got to our driveway at 6:15am.
There was no traffic the ENTIRE way.
Thanks to the 80 speed limits along the way we made our 18 our drive in 16.5 hours.
Nathan and I have felt like zombies all day but before any resting or unloading could occur Lucas needed to put this together.
It was a great trip and the kids only watched 6 movies the WHOLE trip. 
There and Back.
I had special snacks, special games, music, and prizes.
I over prepared a tad but totally worth it in the end.

We get to do it again next year. Yea!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment