Road Trip to CA




So - after having crazy lightening and thunderstorms ALL night, we still decided to leave at 4am.
It was cuh-raaazy watching the lightening, and of course the kids couldn't sleep through it so we watched it until 5:30ish when we finally were at the tail end of Arizona.
 Good Bye Arizona!

Hello California!
 We made great time! And we made it to my parents house on ONE tank of gas!
431 miles - and it only took 7 hours!

The kids liked the games I had planned and the new snacks I brought and the silly songs CD that I made JUST for this leg of the trip.
 The drive was much easier to look at this time around too. Above are the Orange Groves.
 The wind turbines.
 Downtown City.
Then we got to the hotel, showered and went to Mickey D's...because every kid needs to try and eat the 50 piece nugget meal at least once in their life.
Then we went to my parents house to splash our feet in the pool, check out the construction at the house and of course plan out dinner. Haha.
 Then we went out for ice cream. Grandpa ALWAYS takes us out for ice cream. Its an exciting thing.
Especially when Bridget exclaims with such disdain - "Lucas, How DARE you steal a bite of my ice cream!"
 Bridget thinks Captain America is so cute.
We parted ways for about an hour because our kids were like WAY TOO EXCITED to see Grandpa.
It was embarrassing - they were like little puppies begging for attention.
Cute though.
While Grandpa was making dinner we made up some games to play in the backyard.
Juliet kept score with her feet. Just Kidding.
We had a feast of Grilled Chicken and Pork Chops and My dad's Baked Beans and Corn on the Cob.
Juliet wanted some so bad.
This was the salad we had...DELICIOUS.
Grandma and Juliet.
Lucas got a lesson in grilling, and for dessert we had

Grilled Nectarines with Balsamic Glaze.

I am full and happy. I am also grateful my kids are such great travelers.
They napped when I told them to and were friendly the entire trip - minus the part where Bridget was unbuckling herself to steal a pillow or two.
Tomorrow I get to meet some PB gals/kids, have fun in the pool and hopefully locate my favorite shirt...I packed it and its not in the bins. :(

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a good trip. We missed you at park day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad I didn't say goodbye to the kids and you, I woke up with the lightning but thought it was like 12:30 not 4 AM. We will have to see you in Utah later this year ;) Miss you already. I want to say I don't like waking up to an empty house but I really don't mind... I just don't like not having easy access to you.

    ReplyDelete