Seven11

I had every intention of taking the kids for FREE slurpees today, but - it didn't happen.

I mean, we try to go every year and something ALWAYS happens. Except last year when we were driving, then it was a part of our road trip.

This year on our way to 7-11 there was some kind of drug bust at the one by the Stake Center.
It was freak-y. Like 8 cops in and out of the parking lot, and two "bad guys" in the back of one of the cars.
Unless they were all getting free slurpees today at the same time, I have no other explanation other than...
some sort of law breaking events. So, we left.

Luckily, I had another plan.
My MIL gave us 12 lemons from Ben and Danielle's wedding, and I told the kids we were going to make Lemonade instead. Real Lemonade!
 I kind of have an obsession with Lemons. Anything lemon flavored.
It is my favorite.

I am also really picky when it comes to making it.
Here is MY recipe on how to make the best lemonade you have ever had in your life.
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
1/2 cup basil (not chopped)
bring to boil and dissolve the sugar. (you are making a simple syrup)

drain the syrup (toss the basil)

1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
add to the syrup and then toss in the fridge to cool down.

Then after an hour, add the syrup, and 3-4 cups of ice cold water. 

Seriously, the BEST lemonade ever.

I thought it would be fun to freeze the rest and eat it for dessert.
I left it out on the table to check on it and Juliet and Scarlett spilled it ALL over themselves and the floor.

*sigh* 
It was totally my fault.
So, I threw them in the tub.
Scarlett was explaining something to me in a very serious tone, but lets face it, when you look like this:
It is very hard to take someone seriously.
So I was laughing, and then Juliet was laughing...
and then it was all a good time.
I loved taking long baths with my sister when I was little.
Remember Martha Washington Hair? Did anyone do that?

After that, Nathan got home and checked the plants. Someone got really excited and plucked a roma tomato before he could say STOP!
Then we had dinner, and Mason needed a bath and when he was done...
 he got a faux hawk.
so cute! look at those eyelashes!

Today was a plain/lame day.
But, that is what our life is like sometimes.
I still wouldn't trade it with anyone. :)


1 comment: